Moog Military Aircraft Group is delighted to be able to provide an opportunity to join our Finance team based in Wolverhampton as a Senior Financial Accountant. In this truly unique role, we are seeking an individual with the ambition to grow their skillset and drive financial accountability.
This role offers genuine prospects of progression and development, as evidenced by other members of an evolving Finance Team. Reporting into and working alongside the Site Reporting Manager, the you will be given a broad remit to seek involvement in various aspects of the Finance team and wider business, including exposure to:
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Reporting
- Long-term accounting
- Budgeting / forecasting
- Statutory Accounts
- Tax Compliance
- Operational accounting / Cost analysis
- Business partnering with other departments (contracts, programme management, operations, engineering)
- Reporting and presenting financial results
- Liaison with the Group Finance Team in East Aurora, NY, US
- Sustainment of recent implementation of SAP S/4HANA
- Development of financial reporting schedules
- Development of internal controls
- Liaison with Internal/External Auditors
- Mentoring a team of 3 Trainee Accountants
- Acting as delegate for the Reporting Manager and Finance Director
This role is designed to provide significant exposure to various areas of our Business and build a suite of skills to equip you for progression to an enhanced Finance role. Opportunities will be provided and you will be encouraged toseek andimplement improvements both within the Finance Team and throughout the wider business.Personal Attributes
Skills and Experience
- Willingness to lean and listen
- Good time management with a pro-active approach
- Professional and positive
- A willingness to challenge
- Effective communicator - both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service/people skills
- A can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Exposure to a customer service or client relationship environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain and comment on the numbers
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload and a team player
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of US GAAP (desirable)
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
Baseline Personnel Security Standard(BPSS)clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that if clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role, and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. For further information please visit www.gov.uk.In Return Moog can offer you
You Matter at Moog Our Mission and Vision
- A longstanding career within a culture of trust and innovation.
- 25 Days Annual Leave.
- Benefits include Life Assurance, Company Pension Contribution beginning at 6%, an Employee Share Option in addition to an extensive Flexible Benefits Package.
- This role is working 37 hours per week; Monday to Thursday 7.30 am 4.15 pm and Friday 7.30 am 11.30 am.
At Moog, we believe in the people who work for us. As part of our investment in our people, we make diversity, equity, and inclusion a priority.
Our goal is to create a culture where we value, respect, and provide fair treatment and equal opportunities for all employees.
Moog aspires to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company where employees are empowered to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day.
By recognizing and celebrating our differences, we cultivate an environment thats the right fit for every person inside of it.t is our core belief that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, partners, shareholders, and communities where we live and work.
Working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.You Can Do This
Once you apply for a position with Moog your CV will be held on our central recruitment management database. If you would prefer that your details are not retained by Moog, please contact us.