Our client, a leading business services group is looking for a Management Accountant to join the team. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Finance and work as part of a small but high profile team. The Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing the monthly management packs for the company and group and have responsibility for an accounts assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone studying towards their accounting qualificatons and looking to take on more responsibility.Description
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the company and wider group.
- Prepare P&L analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the month end close; accruals, prepayments and journal entries.
- Ensure that the day to day book-keeping is maintained and where necessary assist.
- Foreign currency reconciliations.
- Assist with year end statutory accounts and liaise with the auditors.
- Oversight of the accounts assistant.
- Previous experience of preparing management accounts.
- Strong academics and studying for an accounting qualification.
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of group accounting would be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.