Registers of Scotland (RoS)
manages 21 land, property and other legal registers which are a critical asset for the Scottish economy. We aim to provide the best public service for Scotland and are on a mission to make some of the oldest public land registers in the world into some of the most modern.We are committed to providing the best service to our customers through the creation of award-winning digital services, supported by the latest in cloud and AI technology.When working at RoS
we support our colleagues by offering a range of modern work policies and workspaces, as well as encouraging an inclusive, diverse, and equitable work environment.We are proud to promote our We Invest in People Gold Award, Investors in Young People Silver Award and We Invest in Wellbeing Gold Award, alongside our zero gender pay gap and the fact we are a disability confident employer.This role sits in the newly established Business Development function
which has been created to realise current and future business opportunities in support of the RoS 2030 vision and beyond.
The Business Development function comprises of three areas:
- Innovation and Geovation Scotland
- Strategic Development Planning
- Investment and Growth
The role holder will join the Investment and Growth team focusing on developing opportunities and business plans with an emphasis on costings, workflow processes, realising benefits and associated activity.
In this role, a creative and analytical mindset is crucial, with expertise to support the development of new business ideas and enhancement of existing products and services. This will involve preparing options analysis, feasibility assessments and investment proposals as well as embedding benefits realisation into the processes.
As a data led organisation, strategic thinking, and the ability to leverage data will drive opportunities and growth. You will encourage and promote the culture of initiative and innovation focused on adding value to all business development activities across RoS products and services.Duties & Responsibilities
What can we offer you? Benefits at RoS:
- You will analyse market research, identifying trends and opportunities, providing guidance on pricing strategies and producing proposals for business and development activities.
- You will have the ability to visualise business and product or service workflow processes and activity through the stages of idea generation to development and deployment.
- You will lead on the financial modelling of business opportunities to create business investment plans, producing full life cycle costings. This will involve conducting financial analysis and due diligence on potential opportunities.
- You will work closely with the Business Intelligence and Analytics team to gather data and with the Benefits team to work on appropriate methods to predict, monitor and evaluate benefits of proposed business opportunities.
- You will regularly review processes and activity to identify improvements which simplify procedures and decision making based on feedback, data and insights.
- You will engage and collaborate with internal and cross functional teams in the organisation to ensure successful integration and development of ideas.
As part of the reward package, you will get access to:
- We are a welcoming and inclusive community that functions on supportive practices such as Agile Coaches, Business Analysts, UX specialists and more.
- We offer a stimulating working environment and strongly believe that a diverse team is crucial to achieving our mission!
- Our team is ambitious, acts with integrity and demonstrates commitment to progress and impact. We nurture talent and reward success.
- We work in an agile way, which is applied across the whole organisation.
- RoS offers a generous annual leave entitlement. Starting with 26 days of holiday plus 12 days bank holidays (for a total of 38 days). We reward your commitment to us by increasing annual leave by +1 day per year, for up to +4 additional days on your entitlement, bringing your allowance to 42 days.
- We operate a36-hour working week and offer flexible working arrangements(up to 30 hours flexi per month). *Working hours to be reduced to 35 hours per week in October 2024.
- We offeroffice locations in Edinburgh & Glasgowand currentlyoffer a hybrid working model,having established we can successfully work remotely.
Essential criteria - Your Skills and Attributes for SuccessTechnical/Experience
- Civil Service employer pension contributions at circa 27%.
- Service benefits, cycle to work scheme, discounted dental insurance, £100 eye care vouchers subsidised gym memberships, buying and selling annual leave, retail discounts and more!
- Family friendly leave policies (Maternity at *1-year full pay, Paternity Leave/Shared parental Leave/Special Leave & more)*after 1 year of continuous service.
- We offer continuous training and development opportunities, including being able to attend industry events.
- A generous salary range with pay progression arrangements is in place.
- You will have access to external counselling and external advice.
- We are a Disability Confident employer.
- We hold a Invest in People Gold Award, Investors in Young People Silver Award and We Invest in Wellbeing Gold Award.
- We monitor equal opportunities and offer support where needed.
- Preferably degree educated, with a bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification in business, finance, computing, data or a related field
- Experienced in costing projects and managing budgets
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with the ability to identify and apply analysis to a potentially viable proposal and report objectively on performance of an agreed proposal
- Proficiency in MS Excel data analysis and data visualisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
To find out more or apply, please follow the link to our careers site. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We'd love to hear from you and discuss this opportunity.