Fulltime & Part-time considered
Due to expansion my client is looking for a Practice Accountant to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a warm & friendly team in a business that continues to grow.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a key member of a forward thinking Accountancy Practice offering flexible working after full training.
As the Practice Accountant you will be responsible for:
- First point of contact for new and existing customers.
- Preparing accounts for Sole Trader, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Preparing Self Assessment tax returns.
- Bookkeeping and Management Accounts.
- Preparing budget forecasts.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Overseeing and managing staff.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Good communicator with excellent problem solving skills and a good attention to detail.
- Positive can do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Xero, Sage or others is essential.
- Fully qualified ACCA or ACA, or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in an accountancy practice.
You will be working 37.5hrs/week 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with 1hour for lunch and the opportunity to join flexi time after 6 months probation.
We provide 20 days holiday increasing to 21 after 3 yrs service plus 8 Bank Holidays per annum plus we also give you your birthday off!
There is an auto enrolment pension plan in operation and a self funded healthcare scheme
Preferably you should be local within Stoke on Trent and have your own car