The Real Assets Credit (RAC) group is a global credit investor in public and private markets in the following asset classes: The RAC group is a global credit investor in public and private markets in the following asset classes: real estate, infrastructure, and sustainable energies across the debt capital structure from senior debt to subordinated debt and preferred equity. The group focuses on complex transactions requiring customized solutions, with target positions of $100 million to $500 million and flexible hold periods with maturities generally less than 15 years.
Based in London and reporting to the Managing Director, the Analyst/Associate will focus on infrastructure debt transactions and play a key role in the research/analysis, underwriting and execution of new credit opportunities and portfolio management activities for existing debt investments. The team utilizes a global staffing model and has a presence in Toronto, London, and New York.
CPP Investments is growing rapidly, and the environment is therefore constantly changing - the ability to adjust on a continual basis all while growing our global funds is paramount for success in this role. Your ability to build global relationships, both internally and external in a collaborative manner, is essential to ensure our positive employee brand and future success.Role-Specific Accountabilities - Individual Deal Level:Analyse Investment Opportunities
Execute and Monitor Real Assets Credit Investments
- Research, analyse, underwrite and evaluate a variety of real assets credit opportunities - with a focus on infrastructure and renewables transactions
- Compile industry, market and asset level data and financial information
- Build complex dynamic financial models to analyse investment opportunities (reviewing debt structures, relevant debt underwriting parameters and specific assets using financial models and a variety of quantitative analytical tools to test assumptions and sensitivities)
- Perform detailed underwriting and transaction management activities including past and projected investment performance; sponsor evaluation; investment merits and risks, expected returns and sector dynamics; relative value analysis; and reviewing due diligence materials, as well as assist in the evaluation, structuring and execution of investment recommendations and review legal documentation and closing activities
- Produce detailed deal specific investment memoranda for transaction recommendations to credit committees and other relevant lines of approval
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- Support the execution of credit transactions
- Participate in portfolio management activities including monitoring and evaluating the investment portfolio performance, participating in third party meetings, and analysing proposed budgets, capital plans and other transaction-related requests
- Coordinate with third party servicers and operation groups at CPP Investments with respect to monitoring ongoing investments