Evalian are seeking an Accounts Assistant based in Winchester. As we grow, we are expanding our accounts team to support the Finance Manager & Director. You will ideally have at least 1 year’s similar experience.The Role
Your role will be to assist the Finance team by maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records.
Your activities will include:
- To support the operation of Evalian’s accounting system
- Daily bank account maintenance and reconciliation between QuickBooks and bank accounts
- Raising customer invoices
- To ensure that all purchase invoices are dealt with in a timely manner
- To support the operation of the department’s credit control processes
- Monthly prepayments maintenance and reconciliation
- Monthly accruals maintenance and reconciliation
- Liaising with external accountant to process payroll
- Set up payments in bank
- Bi-monthly payment of expenses
- Monthly reconciliation of sales (QB’s v sales order book)
Ideally you will have previous accounts assistant experience and strong Excel and Outlook knowledge.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of the accounting principles
- Purchase and Sales ledger experience.
- Reconciliation experience and good computer skills are essential.
- Attention to detail is essential.
The salary on offer will depend on experience and qualifications but will be between £20,000 and £25,000, plus study support.
We'll enrol you in our pension scheme and upon completion of probation you will qualify for additional benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and dental and optical cashback as well as discounted gym membership. You'll get 25 days of annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays and your birthday off.Why Work for Us
Evalian support a wide range of clients and organisations. The work is interesting and varied and we operate a relaxed and flexible working environment.
You'll work with a great team of more than 50 people specialising in data protection and information security. We put focus on knowledge sharing, continual development and support achievement of professional qualifications.Location
We are flexible on work pattern, although it is expected that you'll work from our Head Office (near Winchester) at least three days a week.
On days you are home based, you'll need to have a dedicated, secure, working area and reliable internet connection. We may request that you attend events from time to time for various purposes, but we’ll always provide you with advance notice. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.