At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies with more than 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Richardson Pioneer, a division of Richardson International, is Canada's leading agribusiness. Richardson Pioneer supports Canadian farmers throughout the growing season - providing agronomic services and advice, selling crop inputs, buying their crops at harvest and selling them to markets around the world through the most efficient network of high throughput Ag Business Centres in Western Canada.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have opportunities for Agribusiness Summer Students at Dundonald Richardson Pioneer Ag Business Centres located in Westbourne, MB. Summer Students are responsible for providing support to our teams at Richardson Pioneer and for supporting the efficient and profitable operation of our Ag Business Centres. Responsibilities:
- Assist with crop input retail activities
- Scout crops for weeds, disease and insects
- Soil & tissue testing
- Assist with the purchase, storage and shipping of grain
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Provide excellent customer service to our farm customers
- Strong interest and knowledge of Agriculture
- Highly self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Students or graduates of an Agriculture degree or diploma program focusing on Agronomy, Plant Science or Soil Science
- A valid driver's licence is required
- Agriculture background is considered an asset but not required
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online by February 20, 2024.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.