About the team
We are looking for a Senior Risk Manager to lead the Risk and Compliance representation on OSB Group's strategic Simplification and Modernisation programme - to simplify and modernise the way we work. This programme will help us to work more effectively and efficiently; enhancing the journey and experience for our customers and brokers. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in our modernisation campaign, playing a lead role in enabling us to achieve our vision of becoming the UKs leading specialist bank.
The OSB Group is a FTSE 250 specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market.
Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
Alongside passion for our products and customers, we're passionate about our people and want to continue building a collaborative and engaging environment. Being dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we encourage differences and recognise that individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights and enhance the way we work. This is supported by our Diversity, Community and Environment Employee Engagement Networks and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter and Women in Leadership Programme.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be supporting and partnering with Risk and Compliance senior leaders to drive and execute Risk and Compliance's responsibilities over the programme in a second line of defence capacity and serve as a trusted advisor leveraging domain expertise of Risk and Compliance that will include coverage across all financial and non-financial Principal Risk types within the programme of work, applicable to a Retail Bank operating in the United Kingdom market.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Drive the Risk and Compliance agenda by representing the function on Simplification and Modernisation projects and initiatives driven by external mandates from regulatory bodies, or internal mandates to mitigate risk, enhance controls and deliver good customer outcomes;
- Manage, develop and leverage productive working relationships with key individuals across the business, and change functions, such as business analysis, project management, Product Owners, while ensuring successful planning, integration, impasse resolution, and measurement with moderate to high complexity and visibility;
- Ensure the Programmes align with Risk and Compliance requirements, informed by internal policy and external regulatory requirements, develop Risk and compliance plans and documentation to evidence ongoing oversight and a strategic risk change approach
- Ensure the Modernisation Programme delivers to Risk and Compliance requirements, considering the customer lifecycle and the Group's Risk Management Frameworks;
- Ensure Senior Risk and Compliance leadership, Group CRO and Group Credit and Compliance Officer are engaged regularly with updates on KRI/KPI performance, progress, challenges/items for escalation and other Risk and Compliance related updates;
- Collaborate with and influence functional business partners, leaders, and executive management to provide risk based support and to drive forward these key strategic initiatives for the business. Engage functional leaders to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict, and ensure alignment with OSB policies and business line objective;
In return for your commitment
We offer a base salary dependent on location and experience from £80,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 25%
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Maternity & Adoption Leave - Occupational Maternity/Adoption Pay provided at 100% of salary for the first 13 weeks and at 50% of salary for the next 13 week period.
- Paternity Leave - 4 weeks of paid leave to be taken within 8 weeks of childbirth
- Additional benefits such as Hybrid working, Cycle Purchase scheme, Technology Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals, Payroll giving and Save as you Earn scheme.
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
- Previous experience in Risk Management Roles, covering a number of Risk and Compliance functional disciplines is essential
- Previous experience of working within financial services is essential
- Significant levels of experience in the provision of thought leadership and the development and driving of strategies and plans for advancing change programmes to deliver successful and sustainable outcomes is essential
- Detailed knowledge of the PRA and FCA handbooks and their application in practice is essential
- Specialist knowledge of Risk Management in Mortgage and Savings is essential
- Deep knowledge of process improvement is essential
- High levels of analytical skill and attention to detail is essential; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information.
- Strong skills in respect of technical environments with Agile approaches are essential
- Strong skills in respect of Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies are essential
- Ability to demonstrate a change mind-set, with a record of accomplishment in project delivery and change management, and knowledge approaches and methodologies to support effective change and transformation is essential
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please apply now! For internal applications please visit the internal careers page to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat please get in touch. Contact details can be found on our careers page.
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
OSB Group are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally. We embrace equal opportunities and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
As part of our public commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, we have introduced our own initiatives to attract, develop and advance senior women in our sector. We don't stop there though, we have broadened our approach to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels and in all roles. Our leadership and Executive Committee are right behind us, to the extent that our Diversity Champions sit at Board level and on a monthly basis receive updates on our progress.
Whilst we are an organisation that values face-to-face interaction to build and nourish our culture, we also acknowledge that people are not just productive in an office and tied to the 9 to 5. Flexible-working opportunities are important for establishing a healthy work-life balance so if you see a role of interest we are happy to be asked about flexibility and explore together if we can make it work.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.