In this role you will manage and oversee team activities, including direct line management of a small number of Tax Executives. A key element is ensuring the smooth operation of the CBAM Self-Assessment Tax Return completion service, which is a chargeable service offered to some of our clients.
Also, providing tax technical expertise and support to all areas of the business, ranging from Capital Gains Tax calculations, Corporate Action/Distribution processing queries and other tax queries related to different investment products and asset types, both in sterling and overseas currencies. In addition, this role involves ownership of the end to end process of generating annual consolidated tax certificates/statements for our clients.
- Provide tax technical expertise and support for all areas of the business, covering a variety of personal and investment product tax queries.
- Oversee the completion and submission of all clients Self-Assessment Tax Returns in line with statutory deadlines.
- Ensure all internal and external CGT calculations are prepared on a timely basis in support of Front Office facing staff.
- Provide appropriate tax training to allow team members to achieve the necessary level of CPD (as required by the ATT & CIOT)
- Audit and manage all aspects of the generation of the annual tax certificates for clients.
- Audit and manage the completion and submission of the annual HMRC OI Report.
- Audit and manage the completion of annual IRS 1099 Forms for US clients.
- Ensure that processes, procedures and team capabilities are regularly reviewed, including relevant capacity and resource requirements.
- Provide leadership, coaching and performance management for the Tax Team.
- Ownership and management of team's risk events (error management process).
- Ownership and oversight of team's risk and control self-assessment (RCSA).
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification essential. ATT qualification also considered.
- High levels of tax technical knowledge across personal as well as investment product tax knowledge.
- Previous Financial Services (preferably in a wealth management company) experience, specifically in a Tax technical role would be a distinct advantage.
- Significant experience in the completion of HMRC Self-Assessment Tax Returns essential and knowledge of investment product tax would be highly desirable
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately within very tight deadlines.
- Good team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility and availability to work overtime during peak workload periods.
As an employer, Close Brothers Asset Management is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce. We provide equality of opportunity and will aim to ensure that no employee's or candidates are subject to discrimination on grounds of any characteristics including but not withstanding gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs.
We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role.
To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorised in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.