Job Requisition ID: 53120
Department: Finance (DEPT_FIN)
At Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), we are taking fueling and convenience retail to the next level. We are passionate about cultivating excellence in everything we do, but what really fuels us is our people. They're the heart of our company. As an employee, our promise to you is that you'll work on new and innovative products and solutions, be mentored by managers and teammates who are collaborative, caring, and act with integrity, and have the opportunity to grow in ways that are meaningful to you. Unique and interesting projects - both locally and globally - will challenge you and allow you to pursue different and rewarding career paths.
We are #EnergizedByGrowth.
DFS is part of a legacy of leadership that spans back generations, made up of some of the most trusted, leading-edge brands in the industry. As part of Dover Corporation and with our talented, innovative, outstanding people, we are doing great things and redefining what is possible in fueling and convenience retail. Providing advanced fuel-dispensing equipment, including clean energy solutions, systems and payment, automatic tank gauging and wet stock-management solutions, DFS comprises the product brands of Wayne Fueling Systems, OPW Fuel Management Systems, ClearView, Tokheim, ProGauge, Fairbanks, LIQAL and AvaLAN. Headquartered in Austin, TX, DFS has a significant technology development and manufacturing presence around the world, including facilities in Brazil, China, India, Italy, Poland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The Organisation: Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), which includes well-known brands such as Tokheim and Wayne, is one of the world's leading manufacturers of fuel dispensing equipment, providing forecourt retailers with complete fuel solutions including dispensers, pumps, retail automation systems, media devices, spare parts, installation, and service.
DFS now has operations in +30 countries, a current turnover of over $900M and over 2,600 employees. The company possesses an enviable customer base covering independent retailers, supermarkets, and major oil companies.
The Role: We are looking for a payroll professional who will be responsible for the processing and handling of payroll related duties including the co-ordinating and upload of 2 monthly payrolls for circa 600 permanent employees.
This role can be worked either part time or full time.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller EMEA this is a key finance role within a dynamic, growing business requiring a high calibre individual who is able to work autonomously and who will ideally have experience of change management and projects.
Candidate Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a similar role is essential
- Expert in using Sage Payroll
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with departments
- Proficient in MS Office,
- Knowledge of Kronos time and attendance system
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Flexible, hands-on approach to working as part of a team or individually
The main Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all statutory legislation as well as relevant company policies.
- The individual will need to be organised and have the ability to assess and prioritise workloads to achieve an accurate and comprehensive payroll run within strict and sometimes pressured time scales.
- Liaise and agree monthly payroll timetables and deadlines between Finance and HR department.
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with HR function, responsible for processing transactional data.
- Possess strong communication skills; liaising with external agencies on matters such as earnings arrestment's, statutory submissions (HMRC, Child Maintenance, Local authorities, pensions)
- Responsible for processing of overtime and shift reports to Sage payroll
- Collating and processing all payroll change correspondence from internal and external sources to agreed payroll schedule
- Support responses to internal payroll queries
- Accurate calculation of payroll entries, including pro rata pay calculations, backpay adjustments, statutory leave requirements (SMP/SPP, SSP, etc) and holiday pay.
- Verification of all monthly payroll changes processed to confirm accuracy of data and compliance with statutory legislation as well as adherence to company policies.
- Production, review and distribution of payroll documents, ie Payslips, P45,P60, P11D etc.
- Identify and drive CI initiatives.
- Support SOX, Audits and Financial Projects as required
Work Arrangement : Onsite
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: EMEA : United Kingdom : Dundee : Dundee
Job Function : Finance
Job Segment: Payroll, Environmental Engineering, Change Management, Finance, Engineering, Management