Element has an opportunity for a new Credit Controller to join our growing team based in Edinburgh. This is a great opportunity to develop your Finance career within a Global TIC business. This is an exciting time to join Element as they continue to grow
- Credit control of designated ledger of customers in line with Element collections policy
- Calling Customers for payment of overdue invoices
- Supplying copy invoices and account statements and logging of reported customer disputes
- Weekly conference calls with the business unit to highlight late paying accounts with defined actions and timelines agreed to resolve disputes
- Matching of unallocated cash and contact to customers to acquire remittance advices
- Escalation of late paying accounts to the Team Lead and Credit Control Manager and to the business
- Stop and off stop management on designated ledger of Customer accounts
- Support to the Team Lead and to the Credit Control Manager
- Support continuous improvements in cash collection and DSO performance
Skills / Qualifications
- Finance or accounting qualification is advantageous but not essential
- Relevant credit control/collections experience
- Experience of working in a similar position
- Strong Credit Control experience
- Customer service experience
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Knowledge of currency
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts systems required
- Experience of delivering collections to target
- Teamwork and effective communication
- Self-starter; can work independently, proactively and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of projects and/or work streams simultaneously
- Self-confident in their own ability and in their accounting/credit control knowledge
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 9,000 brilliant minds operating from 270 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to 'Make tomorrow safer than today'.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's most trusted testing partner".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.