We are thrilled to present an exceptional opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our rapidly expanding team. In this role, you will provide accounting support to the finance team supporting colleagues in London, the US, India and Singapore. Reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer and collaborating closely with the sales, research, and marketing departments, your primary responsibility will be preparing financial and management accounts as well as assisting with credit control.
To excel in this position, excellent verbal and written communication skills will be essential in. You will have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
This new role presents a golden opportunity for you to play a pivotal part during an exciting phase of growth for the company.
- Processing all purchase & sales invoices in sterling, euro & US dollars.
- Bank reconciliations in multi-currencies.
- Prepare payment schedules for vendors, staff reimbursement.
- Assist with the expense management system to post staff expense claims.
- Assist with the quarterly VAT returns.
- Effectively manage both the sales and purchase ledgers, ensuring both sales and purchase invoices are posted on time and accurately.
- Posting journals including accruals/prepayments and other general journals.
- Assist with the month-end and various reconciliations, cost variance analysis.
- Assist with cash flow management and forecasting.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Process Fixed Assets invoices, assist in maintaining the Fix Assets register and also monthly FA reconciliations.
- You will ideally be a part qualified accountant - having passed at least the first 3-4 exams; or AAT qualified looking to become an ACCA /ACMA qualified accountant.
- Educated to a degree level (2:1 and above), or AAT equivalent.
- Confident in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong experience within accounting and bookkeeping.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Sage or other similar accounting system experience.
- Prior experience working in a global organisation.
Founded in 2012, we are an independent research consultancy that has enjoyed phenomenal growth since our inception, and we have very ambitious plans to continue our upwards growth trajectory. We are passionately committed to providing indispensable and industry-leading short, medium and long-term analysis, and forecasts of the energy markets, that helps our clients trade, invest, finance and plan.
Energy Aspects prides itself in the quality of its work and draws on a wide range of competencies to derive its views. The company is staffed with experts in upstream production, trading and econometric forecasting. It has always maintained a key focus on the geopolitics of the energy industry and the impacts they can have in shaping global markets. The company has in recent years acquired several firms to enhance its position in energy market consultancy including Medley Global Advisors (2020), OilX (2022) and INAS (2023) bringing additional expertise in macro trends, oil market data and paper positioning into the group. The company is also growing its offering to clients on the energy transition providing the tradeable insights on long-term trends.
Culture & Benefits:
With accreditation from Best Companies, we deeply understand the significance of fostering workplace engagement and hold a sincere appreciation for our team. Our environment is characterised by its fast-paced, driven, collaborative, and dynamic ethos. Recognising and rewarding contributions that have played a part in our remarkable journey of growth.
Joining Energy Aspects, you become an integral part of our vibrant and sociable team. Here, you'll have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities, from running and five-a-side football to joining our lunch gatherings and our brand-new Chess club. Our social events provide ample opportunities for relaxation, and our in-house bar, the Nodding Donkey, offers a casual setting for Friday afternoon unwinding.
Situated in our Canary Wharf office, you'll benefit from convenient commutes and easy access to all that London has to offer. Our location is renowned for its exceptional amenities, including shopping centres, gyms, healthcare services, diverse dining options, and lively bars. We've elevated our workspace experience by providing daily provisions of fresh fruit, a selection of premium hot beverages, soft drinks, snacks, and the expert services of an in-house barista twice a week. This is complemented by occasional exotic treats inspired by our global travels.
Our comprehensive compensation packages encompass an annual bonus, participation in a company share options scheme, private health insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension contributions, subsidized gym memberships, and holiday allowances.
Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.