Financial leadership and delivery of business initiatives and strategic objectives for the syndicate and UK legal entities in accordance with regulatory, Lloyd's and SCOR standards. It will require the candidate to work with the UK executive and EMEA leadership team in formulating plans, assessing actual performance and providing insight to the Boards and senior management/stakeholders. Actively work with the EMEA regional teams in developing planning and performance monitoring capabilities for legal entities and branches in the EMEA region. In conjunction with the EMEA finance leadership, actively contribute and assist in finance projects including EMEA transformation objectives.
- Strong technical insurance and accounting skills essential
- IFRS, UK GAAP and Solvency II reporting experience (including Lloyd's)
- Proven work experience within a Lloyd's and Solvency 2 environment
- Strategic thinker, team player and willing to build collaborative approaches
- Very good understanding of Actuarial/Risk Assessment/Financial Techniques.
- Strong knowledge of insurance/reinsurance business and principles.
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Strong ability to work with stakeholders and build a collaborative environment with these stakeholders
- Commercial sense
- Challenging and open to challenge
- Creativity in solution finding
- Ability to embrace and understand technology and systems
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent experience