Leonardo offers a range of Apprenticeships from 2-4yrs. across a variety of STEM and business routes, offering paid training, coupled with on the job learning that enables you to gain practical skills, experience and knowledge that sets up the best start to your career. We offer competitive entry salaries from £14,000 to £20,500pa and fully support your academic learning through to qualifications, with salary increases as you progress.
Whether leaving School or College with GCSEs/Standards, A 'Levels/Highers (or equivalent) or in work and looking for a new career path, you are fully supported as you rotate within the business working on real-time projects alongside highly skilled professionals who are passionate about their work. We support helping you settle in to your new location ensuring you are familiar with the team and have a warm welcome from day 1. There is a member of our Apprentice team at each site, helping you progress, ensuring your study time is protected, enabling access to digital learning as well as opportunities to get involved with the local community and STEM projects, enhance many aspects of each programme.
What you'll do during your Finance Business Degree Apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will cover many areas of the finance function on a rotation basis, where you will gain knowledge about the different aspects of the finance role in a large organization.
Experience in understanding functions such as accounts payable, treasury, management & project accounting and knowledge of our tax functions will provide valuable insights into how and why the finance function is a core attribute to any organization. This will allow the individual to become valued members of Integrated teams and contribute to the overall success of the business.
During your apprenticeship you will also be required to obtain professional qualifications to support your career development.
What we need from you:
3 x A Levels (A*- C) one of which must be English, Maths or a Business related subject
An alternative Level 3 qualification, which must be a business-related subject
GCSE (Grade 4 - 9 / A*- C) in Maths and English
- Highly numerical
- Wiliness to learn.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Proactive in approach
- IT Proficient
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
The starting salary for this role is £20,500
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as "SC") for our business which includes having a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
At Leonardo, we are strongly committed to supporting all our people, and, as society and the environment we work in changes, our approach to Inclusion and Diversity continues to evolve and adapt to reflect this. A culture of inclusion goes on to create an environment for greater collaboration, innovation and opportunities to develop as an organisation. If you are willing and able to commit to giving your best performance, you will find Leonardo a very rewarding place to work!
GB - Luton - Cap. Green 300