We are recruiting for a Senior Data Buyer to Join our Global procurment team. This role gives you an opportunity to broaden your horizons by learning a new category that is critical to the products and services that we deliver to our clients.
This role opens you to a category that is constantly evolving, requires the successful applicant to work with many areas of the business areas to develop and deliver procurement strategies acquiring new data sources as well as developing and expanding existing sources.
The role requires you to approach things differently and be creative both commercially and technically whilst still demonstrating the best practice of a procurement professional.
- Working with the Business Units and Data Office to develop procurement strategies to help the business meet its strategic goals
- Researching category and market to be a trusted advisor to the business with regards Data acquisition.
- Planning and negotiation new and renewing data acquisitions to ensure value for money but also mitigating risk whilst meeting the business needs. Undertaking RFx and e-auctions as appropriate.
- Participating in global activities to learn and leverage knowledge from other regions.
- Experience in engaging in detailed, and sometimes high-profile, complex negotiations with vendors, with the ability to challenge and influence ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively influence internal clients / stakeholder
- Challenge traditional commercial models to enable the business to be innovative in how it uses and benefits from the data
- Strong analytical and research capability when handling bids, market research and spend analysis,
- Whilst not mandatory would suit someone with IT buying experience
- A desire to learn and use own initiative
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders to influence and challenge them
- A knowledge of UK law including GDPR is desired
- Be either studying or be willing to study CIPS.
Our uniqueness is that we truly celebrate yours.
Experian's culture and people are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; DEI, work/life balance, development, authenticity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We're an award winning organisation due to our strong people first approach.
Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and practices, and our diverse workforce drives our success. Everyone can succeed at Experian and bring their whole self to work, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, physical ability or age. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at the earliest opportunity.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here