Job Reference Number
United Kingdom (UK)
Hours Per Week
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience in a Financial Accounting / Regulatory Accounting role
- Professional qualification CIMA, ACCA, ACA (finalist or recently qualified, would consider Part Qualified with proven industry experience).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - liaison/interaction
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to develop customer intimacy and leverage external and internal relationships
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to determine and develop a course of action necessary to achieve desired results
- The ability to interact and integrate with other functions undertaking programme management and financial tasks.
- Practical experience of UK MOD defence contracting
- Knowledge of UK Government policies and practices
- Proven experience in a customer-facing capacity
- Experience with service delivery-based contracts
- Knowledge of Single Source Regulations
Lockheed Martin UK - Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to one of the Royal Navy's Submarine Programs. The company provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at RNAD Coulport. Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join Lockheed Martin UK Strategic Systems. Lockheed Martin are one of the world's largest defence companies, working here will give you the opportunity to work as part of a large multi-national company and a standalone legal entity. This role benefits from our 4xFlex working pattern offering a 4 day working week Mon - Thu and hybrid working (typically 2 days a week onsite)
Key duties & responsibilities for this role would include but not limited to:
- Assist in the delivery of the UK statutory accounts
- Be the businesses main point of contact for all interactions with the Ministry of Defences audit team. You will be responsible for collation of reports, gathering, and providing evidence
- Collation of annual business budget
- Monthly tracking and reporting against business performance.
- Monthly, quarterly & annual tax reporting
- Insurance reporting
- Main point of contact for transfer pricing audit and new implementation requirements
- Collation of quarterly controls matrix with evidence showing compliance with any Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Monitor compliance with all local and international policy statements, and record exceptions
- Provide support in the implementation of a new financial system
- Management of business level risk & opportunity register
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external
- Provide ad-hoc support within the financial accounting team
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC). For further details please follow https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels
What we offer you
At Lockheed Martin our employees come first and therefore your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment you can expect so much more.
We are an employer in support of and offering Flexible working with the option to also work a 4 day week depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off. We offer Competitive salaries alongside a flexible holiday entitlement.
We have a Wealth of benefits available to you that can be selected through our wellbeing tool upon commencement of employment. Just a few of our amazing benefits are shown below:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Competitive Pension
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Employee discounts for top high street shops
- Employee Assistance Program which includes free face to face counselling sessions, Legal advice, Financial advice, etc
- Internal training and development alongside out Education assistance programmes
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Competitive policies that support flexibility and family leave inclusive of enhanced maternity leave