Senior Commercial Finance Manager - BID
This position within the EMEA Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is crafted to bring a high level of analytical experience coupled with the ability to provide leadership to the Biosciences Division (BID) FP&A team to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of key commercial forecasting, planning and reporting activities. Reporting straight line into the Finance Director this position will join an established team.
It is important the successful candidate contributes from day one therefore we are looking for someone that has ideally been in a finance management role previously. The FP&A team have a significant role in helping Thermo Fisher to achieve our mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. This role is to be the Commercial finance partner of the VP Commercial EMEA BID ($1 BN; estimate 2023) managing a team of two analysts at this point. Responsibilities:
- Strategic Business Partner, providing revenue forecasting and proactive actionable analytics to drive the business
- Work with the Emerging Regions teams to ensure combined BID position with company matrix for all processes
- Driving the BID efficiency and process automation agenda to enable more proactive analytics and strategic commercial discussions
- Driving the AOP planning process in collaboration with the Commercial leaders, Marketing- and Sales Operations teams
- Support operative and strategic decisions and suggest corrective actions
- Preparing and presenting monthly reviews and QBR's; supporting Leadership with strategic financial analytics and insights to identify actions to improve the business
- Support in Go To Market strategies and integration processes
- Own and drive OPEX reporting, providing insight to BID Commercial team(s) and provide suggestions for improving results
- Partnering with Global BID divisional counterparts ensuring alignment between global requirements and EMEA regional
- Participating in succession planning and other strategic management discussions within EMEA LS Group FP&A
- Leading, mentoring and developing the BID Commercial Finance team (2 Senior Financial Analysts) in the EMEA Region
- Complete special projects as requested
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong commercial awareness and judgement expertise
- Management level people leader experience, ideally in (Commercial) FP&A
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds
- Advanced Systems experience: MS Excel, Hyperion & CMR
- Modelling / forecasting experience
- University level qualification in Finance related Degree, Statistics, Economics or Maths
- Strong demeanor toward problem-solving and data-driven organizational change.
- Flexibility, ambitious spirit, positive "can do" demeanor.
- Great teammate and customer oriented.
- High degree of accuracy / attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Experience working in a large global corporate environment
- Good presentation skills is a plus
- A desire to contribute and providing a valuable contribution to the wider business.
- A proven record of establishing relationships at all levels within the organization