Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum (pro-rata)
6 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity)
FT - 35 hours per week
Hybrid - Home and London Hub
Closing date 17th January 2023
AICL, our in-house underwriting business is at key point in its growth plan, and your work as our new Pricing Lead will contribute to helping our pricing capabilities become the market leading standard.
You will be a proactive individual with strong knowledge of pricing methodologies, KPIs & customer journeys. You will be working closely with the Pricing Manager to develop and implement complex solutions to help our pricing capabilities become the market leading standard.
You will utilise your broad knowledge of risk pricing in a Personal Lines insurance business to implement innovative and new approaches to grow the relevant book profitably. You will be working closely with the Pricing Manager to develop and implement complex solutions, including those beyond standard pricing and actuarial techniques, to help our pricing capabilities attain market leading status.
Collaboration is important for us at Saga and you will regularly interact with colleagues across both personal lines product portfolio and the wider business.
As a Pricing Lead you will be accountable for the following areas;
- Making significant contributions to pricing model development and granular pricing analysis, including use of machine learning, and identifying new data sources to modernise pricing models
- Monitoring performance of pricing models and amending where required
- Developing management information and performing ad-hoc analysis to help inform key business decisions
- Understanding and explaining emerging trends in the Motor market
- Investigating and implementing innovative technical solutions to new and complex problems
- Being proactive and using experience and judgement to develop value adding proposals
- Guiding and mentoring analysts within and outside of the team
- Carrying out peer reviews of colleague's work, checking for technical accuracy as well as reflecting on wider implications.
- Sharing extensive knowledge and experience within and outside the pricing team
- Acting as a first point of contact, role model and mentor for fellow pricing leads and junior analysts
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
As a Pricing Lead with prior experience within the Insurance industry. Whilst a motor or personal lines background would be ideal, this isn't essential.
- With your experience, we would be looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of General Insurance pricing processes and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of risk price modelling with GLMs and/or machine learning.
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team Player e.g. demonstrated by helping peers/department to achieve tasks when deadline is tight
- Viewed as a technical expert and a role model for analysts and leads
- A in either Maths or Further Maths A-Level
- 1st or 2:1 in a mathematical or equivalent degree.
Everyday our colleagues deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. We believe exceptional work deserves even more exceptional rewards, that's why we have put together an amazing benefits package for all colleagues.
We offer total flexibility over where you work - you choose a place that you feel most comfortable and productive, either from home or in one of our hubs in London, Ashford or Sandwich.
At Saga we come together with a purpose so that we can collaborate with each other, as part of our pricing team, we typically meet in at our London Hub once a week.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO ALL COLLEAGUES:
Our working week is 35 hours per week, these can be worked flexibly to suit your working style
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional leave up to 5 extra days
- Pension scheme matched up to 10%
- Life assurance policy on joining us
- Wellbeing programme
- Colleague discounts including family discounts on cruises and holidays
- Range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Grandparents leave
- Company performance related annual bonus - Up to 5%
- Income protection
- Access to Saga Academy, our bespoke learning platform
Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.