NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Breedon is a leading construction and materials group in Ireland and Great Britain with a group turnover of c. £1.4 billion per annum. We operate 2 cement plants, over 100 quarries, 50 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete plants, as well as a range of contract surfacing and other essential products to help our customers build the places where we all live, work, and play.
Our People are our passion, by working as One Breedon, with shared goals and a common purpose, we are making a material difference.
We are keeping it simple; we are making it happen, we are striving to improve, we are showing we care.
We are currently seeking a Company Accountant to join our newly created Systems and Controls Team at Mallusk. This team has been created to complement the existing and well-established Finance Team as we embark on an exciting period of consolidation as well as continued growth and expansion.
The following reflect the main tasks associated with the role and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Support the Head of Finance to deliver and challenge business process;
- Play an active role in the delivery and implementation of standardised processes across the Ireland business;
- Ensure operational compliance with policies and procedures through evidence-based monitoring and review;
- Assist with the delivery of workshops to the Operational and wider Finance teams in order to facilitate business improvement;
- Assist with the integration of new and existing businesses into the Breedon Ireland Finance system;
- Liaise with internal bodies, including Internal Audit, Group Finance and the wider Finance Team;
- Liaise with external bodies, such as Statutory Auditors and HMRC, as required;
- Facilitate the annual audit;
- Complete of regulatory and statutory returns, including VAT and CIS, for example;
- Comply with Health and Safety Regulations; and
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
- Newly qualified accountant or accountant with one to two years post qualification experience;
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified;
- Audit trained with some accounts preparation experience;
- Computer literate;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- An eye for detail and an ability to deliver high quality numerical and analytical work;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work on own initiative;
- A problem solver, wanting to continuously improve ways of working;
- Ability to contribute within a team environment;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment; and
- Be able to visit other office locations, as required.