The Associate Director (Risk Manager) is responsible for supporting the GB Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and broader ERM team in embedding risk management practices across WTW, working closely with senior management in the business and corporate functions.
Part of the wider Enterprise Risk Management Function, reporting to the GB CRO, the Risk Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all key risk management activities within the annual risk plan as well as providing support to the CRO in the assessment of strategic initiatives, capital assessment and new products.
This is a Certification Function role under the Financial Conduct Authority's (FCA's) Senior Manager and Certification Regime. Candidates are required to be assessed under the Fitness and Proprietary standards. This assessment will be carried out through self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety. This role will additionally be subject to the FCA's Conduct Rules.
Holding a designated FCA Certified Persons role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the GB CRO in the design, execution and embedding of the WTW ERM Framework
- Representing the ERM team at relevant governance forums
- Producing relevant Committee and Board risk reporting as required
- Supporting the setting, monitoring and reporting of risk appetite against Top Risks
- Partnering with the Segment, Geography, -business and corporate functions' Risk Co-ordinators and leaders on all aspects of the ERM Framework i,e, risk incident, issues and action management including embedding the new Governance, Risk and Compliance system
- Overseeing the risk & control assessment process with business and corporate function Risk Co-ordinators
- Coordinating the regulatory capital assessment and reporting process, working with Finance and other relevant areas functions.
- Providing oversight and challenge on key risks and strategic action plans to address risks
- Conducting risk assessments of new products/services, working with the business and control functions e.g. Compliance and Legal
- Assisting in the identification, assessment and monitoring of emerging risks
- Providing advice, guidance, training and tools to support the adoption, operationalisation and embedding of the ERM Framework, policies and practices
- Supporting risk deep dives as required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and with a relevant professional qualification - Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA) or equivalent or Associate of the Institute of Insurance (ACII) or IRM Diploma in Risk Management
- Strong ERM experience, working in a similar position within complex organizations in a regulated environment, (preferably, health, wealth, insurance or broking sector)
- Strong knowledge of ERM and demonstrated ability to apply and embed ERM principles and practices in a proportionate way
- Strong understanding of FCA regulation Threshold Conditions requirement and corporate governance
- Strong stakeholder management
- Team player, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and collaborative approach
- Good problem-solving skills
- 'Can-do' mentality, practical and hands-on working style
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Delivery focused - ensuring outcomes/commitments delivered in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail in all written material
WTW is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, WTW has over 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at wtwco.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a "hybrid" style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and "hybrid" is not a one-size-fits-all solution.