Join Our Team as Group Tax Manager - Unleash Your UK Taxation Passion!
Ready for a thrilling ride in the world of tax? At Eurostar, we're not just shaping the future; we're redefining it! As pioneers in high-speed trains, we are currently seeking a passionate and experienced individual to join our team as a Group Tax Manager on a 12-Month fixed-term Contract, supporting the Head of Tax in all UK taxation matters.
This role is Grade F EIL, with travel services level 4 and based in Kings Place, London.
As Group Tax Manager, you'll be the heartbeat of our tax operations, working alongside the Head of Tax to orchestrate impactful tax strategies. Your stage is set for:
- Supporting the Head of Tax with constructive tax advice towards the business's commercial decisions and business restructures, including advising and ensuring compliance on corporation tax, VAT, employment tax and transfer pricing considerations, as well as correct tax accounting treatment.
- Monitoring changes in legislation across all taxes and establish impact on the business at the earliest opportunities.
- Providing tax information for statutory accounting and audit purposes, including corporate tax and deferred tax accounting. Liaises with auditors regarding such information.
- Providing tax information for inclusion within the Business Plan, budget and in-year forecasts.
- Providing data to enable group-wide tax reviews to be made, e.g. for corporate interest restriction and country-by-country reporting.
- Advising Treasury on all tax and VAT payments and refunds for cash flow forecasting.
- Taking the lead on tax enquiries raised by the various tax authorities.
- Ensuring all tax obligations, including corporation tax, VAT, and specific local taxes, are complied with in all countries in which the group has operations (UK, France, Belgium and the Netherlands). These include:
- Ensuring all corporation tax computations are prepared and submitted on a timely basis including the liaison with local advisors in France and Belgium and UK tax advisors.
- Reviewing the preparation and submission of VAT returns in all relevant jurisdictions including the liaison with in-house accountants and local advisors for France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Detailed review of the VAT accounting for anomalies.
- Ensuring all local taxes are managed in liaison with local advisors. This includes the forecasting of tax payments and the local compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Taking on tax projects as and when they arise, working with the Head of Tax, including (but not limited to) transfer pricing, import duties and VAT matters.