We are looking for a Costing & Risk Analyst to join our team on a hybrid basis in either Nottingham or Coventry. This is a 12 month fixed term contract paying between £41,795 and £56,113 along with a market leading benefits package.
Costing & Risk Analyst
Here's what you'll be doing
Operating at the heart of E.ON UK's circa £13bn of energy and energy related trading and pricing activities, provide quantitative analysis and commercial support for Energy Markets and the wider business.
- Produce best in class forecasting of industry costs and their associated risks to E.ON Next and nPower Business Solutions energy supply businesses. These might include TNUoS, DUoS, FiT, RO, CfD or BSUoS, making up half of a customer's bill. These forecasts will be used to price 7 million customers and will be provided for in E.ON's internal finances with a total forecasting cost of £15bn over MTP period.
- Maintain and develop models to produce these forecasts, largely in Excel but increasingly using databases and PowerBI as well.
- Proactively track and monitor external changes in each of the costs that you own at a detailed level, growing to become the company's established and respected expert in the costs being managed.
- Develop key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally, utilising these relationships to ensure costs are well understood and messaged to the business.
- Provide actual cost reporting and commentary against forecasts throughout the year to directors and other senior stakeholders, increasingly managing relationships with key stakeholders as experience and knowledge grow.
- Support the development of proposals to mitigate risks associated with the costs that you are forecasting.
- Work within the wider Energy Markets function to enhance its reputation as an analytical and knowledge centre of excellence, increasingly providing leadership of this task.
- Further develop your knowledge of the wholesale energy markets, incorporating insights into the costs that you manage.
- Act as delegate for the senior analysts within the wider team as required.
What we need from you
- Insatiable appetite to learn more about electricity and gas network, policy, system and administration costs.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently increasingly able to scope and drive their own work.
- Well-developed SQL, PowerBI and Excel skills.
- Exceptional Analytical Skills with the ability to drive analytical techniques to improve business decisions and provide recommendations on such to management.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, with subsequent experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience of stakeholder management growing to accomplished stakeholder manager.
- Experience working with, editing and writing mathematical models.
- Growing knowledge and experience of the energy industry (trading, upstream, retail and solutions).
- Wide ranging expertise in modelling e.g. regression modelling, scenarios.
- Experience with Snowflake and Azure.
- Extensive experience building models in PowerBI.
Here's what you need to know
We're committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we're happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share and variable start and finishing times
This is a great opportunity to play a lead role in supporting our expanding business and helping to shape the future of energy.
We have a market leading benefits package - it includes a, 26 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits
E.ON is committed to being an inclusive employer. We recognise that everyone is different and we aim to provide a working environment where each person feels respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.