Financial Accounting Analyst
Financial Accounting Location:
£24,285 to £27,131 per annum Grade: Grade 5 Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: Permanent Release Date: Thursday 01 February 2024 Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Friday 23 February 2024 (unless otherwise stated) Reference: CSF-825-24
As Financial Accounting Analyst you will work with other members of the Financial Accounting team to support the production of financial information for month-end and year-end management reporting and the production of indirect taxation returns for the University. You will also ensure that transactions within the finance system are recorded in line with current financial reporting requirements to provide a sound foundation for the production of management information reporting and financial forecasts.
What you will do :
- Assist with the production of the monthly financial management reports ensuring transactions are valid and necessary adjustments are made in order to ensure accurate financial information is produced in a timely manner.
- Support other teams within the Finance Section in the production of financial information including the distribution of pay reports and recording of cash receipts.
- Assist with the production of the annual financial statements and other reporting requirements (both internal and external) to ensure accurate financial information is produced in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to finance staff across divisions and professional service departments in answering queries or passing these to the relevant member of the team.
What you will need :
- A Good standard of education to GCSE level, including GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- AAT Qualified or part qualified to level 3 or equivalent as a minimum
- A proven experience in a finance office environment. Ideally in financial or management accounting.
- A proven ability to work well as a member of a team
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of computerised accounting systems and desktop applications (particularly excel and word)
What we can offer in return :
- As a member of our team, you can expect a friendly, open and collaborative working environment and support in your development and wellbeing. You'll enjoy a range of great staff benefits including:
- hybrid working options allowing a flexible blend of office and home working (to be agreed in line with business needs)
- 43 days' leave per year (personal leave, bank holidays and additional days allocated for the Christmas period, pro rata for part-time staff)
- excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- on campus cinema/theatre, sports facilities, library, nursery (Canterbury) and food outlets
- study while you work discounts, cycle to work scheme, local business discounts
- on-site parking