Lead Finance Manager - Capital & Investments
£55,000 to £65,000 plus great benefits (Work Level 5)
Manchester city centre (hybrid working)
We're looking for a Lead Finance Manager to join our Capital & Investments team in Manchester on a 12-month fixed-term contract. In this role you'll work in a hybrid way - spending at least one day per week working from the office (find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy).
As a Lead Finance Manager at Co-op, we'll look to you to provide expert advice and support to implement changes across financial modelling and reporting across our investment team.
What you'll do
- Lead on new reporting requirements to improve the way we oversee, review and track our investment spend and returns
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities across the team
- Provide insight and oversight on post investment appraisal reviews
- Provide professional advice, guidance up to senior management level, sharing expertise to support effective decision making on investments
- Support on adhoc investment decisions or strategy support as required
- Support development of finance analysts within the team
This role would suit people who have
- Experience in a Finance Manager role
- A professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, or ACCA) or equivalent experience
- Experience of investment appraisal techniques and modelling to support effective decision making
- Advanced excel modelling skills
- A track record of effective financial risk management
- The ability to create actionable plans that are in line with wider objectives and strategies
If you've got the skills and experience we're looking for, we can offer you a competitive salary and great benefits package which includes 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores (as well as other discounts on Co-op products and services). You'll also get:
- Private healthcare
- An annual bonus (based on personal and business performance)
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 with service) plus bank holidays
- A pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Access to a subsidised onsite gym (at our Manchester HQ)
- Coaching and training to support your career development
- Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- YuLife - an app that rewards you for exercising with discounts and vouchers for your favourite brands
Building an inclusive work environment
At Co-op, we're proud to do things a different way. As one of the world's largest co-operatives, owned by millions of members, community is at the heart of what we do. Since our Co-op was founded in 1844, we've had a clear social purpose, and everything we do as a business helps to build a fairer world for our members, customers, colleagues, and communities.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you'd like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we'll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.