RAC has an exciting opportunity for a Scheduling Assistant to join our Rostering and Tactical Planning team on a Part-time basis. This will be a 12-month Fixed Term Contract, based at our Bescot Office.
The core function of this role will be to own all scheduling of allocated resource for a defined operational area - Roadside, Branded and Contact Centres. At any single point in time, you will have a defined area of specialism that will mean you are either accountable for delivering annual rosters built to required forecasts and to agreed rules and constraints and tactically planning, in line with requirement.
Salary on offer is £11,086.50
17.5 hours per week working Monday, Tuesday between 8am-6pm and Wednesday 9am-12:30pm.
Occasional weekend work may be required, this will be a maximum of 10 weekend days per year.
Benefits and rewards:
- Free RAC Breakdown cover from day one
- Group Life Assurance of up to 4x salary
- Health and wellbeing benefits - including healthcare cash plan, private medical insurance, GymFlex membership and Cycle to Work benefits.
- Car salary sacrifice scheme - including offers on electric vehicles.
- FREE on-site parking
- Free European Breakdown cover including 7 days car hire to continue your journey.
- Amazing employee benefits including additional discounts on big brands, hotel stays and days out.
- When you join us you will automatically be opted into our Colleague Share Scheme, called 'Owning it together'. This is a unique opportunity for our colleagues to get rewarded for the outstanding work they deliver, to share in the future success of the RAC and is no ordinary work benefit, incentive, or bonus!
What You'll Do...
At any one time you will be accountable for Rostering or Tactical Planning of a defined area, which will cover one of the following:
- Ensure FTEs (Full Time Equivalents) are scheduled to relevant levels against provided forecasts
- Highlight to line management any issues or factors that could prevent the achievement of KPI's
- Ensure rosters are built to meet demand whilst maintaining a fair work life balance
- Ensure Annual Leave, training and downtime are all managed.
- Deliver best resource fit against relevant forecast to hit SL (Service Level)
- Review of hours deployment to minimise wastage and maximise benefit of downtime
- Work with the various stakeholders across the business to ensure clear communication of resourcing
- Ensure conformance of working arrangements
What You'll Need...
- Strong understanding of resourcing and planning
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of WFM (Workforce Management) Systems
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication skills building effective relations at all levels.
Need to exhibit behaviours consistent with RAC core values:
- Handle it Together
- Exceptional Service
- Raise The Bar
- Own It
If this role fits your skillset, go ahead and apply now!
Together we are all #OrangeHeroes
We're committed to developing a culture that is representative of the diverse communities we serve and one which is open, accessible, collaborative, and inclusive. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and experiences.