Internally the role is known as Senior Head Office Accountant.
Please note this is a hybrid opportunity with an expectation of working 2 days a week in our Kidlington office.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Head Office Accountant to join our finance team and grow with the function and the company.
As a Head Office accountant you will be responsible for delivering accurate and relevant financial information in relation to the financial statements of Essentra International Limited and legacy overseas entities within the Group. Also you will be responsible for building an efficient and effective process in relation to head office accounts payable and payroll.
The role reports to the Financial Controller but it requires you to liaise closely with other departmental heads and members of the regional finance teams, thus providing great exposure to senior management. As the Head Office Accountant you will also have 2 direct reports.
The role offers good opportunities for career progression and to gain valuable experience within a head office function of a listed plc company as well as opening up for future roles as the finance department's needs evolve overtime.
The role requires an individual with a high degree of professionalism and an ability to communicate effectively with colleagues across the organisation. Success in this role will also require a high degree of flexibility, openness to change in processes and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as the role develops and grows. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for month-end reporting for the head office entities consistently in accordance with Essentra's internal deadlines.
- Responsibility for the preparation of key elements of published financial statements of Essentra International Limited and other legacy UK and overseas entities.
- Develop high levels of technical competence in the Company's consolidation system, management reporting system and transactional accounting system.
- Lead in head office accounts payables and payroll processes.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register for Essentra International Limited
- Ensure compliance with Essentra Accounting Policies
- Ensure good records of head office expenditure are kept to aid tax compliance and tax planning
- Ad hoc analysis to provide financial information to Finance and other non-finance personnel.
- Assistance with ad hoc projects
- Produce monthly departmental spend vs. Plan, vs. Last Year, vs. Forecast reports, undertaking periodic reviews of overheads with departmental managers
- Perform monthly cost reviews with departmental managers/cost owner, analysing variances against forecasts/Plan, including IT cost reviews.
- Lead discussions and closely liaise with senior departmental heads (Finance, HR, IT etc) to provide proactive support in preparation and review of actual and forecast position of departmental costs
- Ensuring that all balance sheet items are reconciled and appropriately verified and supported every month
- Preparation of VAT returns and management charge invoices
- Execute intercompany recharges. Ensure excellent stands of control over intercompany with global sites.
- Reporting into Cognos Controller for consolidation purposes
- Ownership of year end external audit process for Essentra International Limited
- Any other finance related tasks across the Company as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with both industrial and practice based experience
- Has an excellent eye for detail and is motivated to report to an exceptional level of accuracy
- Can demonstrate they have a sense of urgency when delivering month end results
- Willingness and determination to chase down complexed and different to resolve issues and resolve
- Ability to represent finance in a cross functional environment
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting under double entry bookkeeping.
- Flexible team player who is open to change and has a passion for efficiency.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Single Private Medical Cover
- Up to 5% matched pension contribution
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee discounts through Edenred
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- UK Sharesave Scheme
Essentra plc is a FTSE 250 company and a leading global provider of essential components and solutions, focusing on the manufacture and distribution of plastic injection moulded, vinyl dip moulded and metal items.
Headquartered in the UK, Essentra's global network extends to 28 countries worldwide and includes over 3,000 employees, 13 manufacturing facilities, 24 distribution centres and 33 sales & service centres serving c.74,000 customers with a rapid supply of low cost but essential products for a variety of applications in industries such as equipment manufacturing, automotive, fabrication, electronics, medical and renewable energy.
At Essentra we are looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, are passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
Essentra Components is an established business with a focus on continuous improvement, sustainability and plans for further industry expansion, as such it is an exciting time to be joining the business.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of your right to work in the country you are applying for. Documents will be requested during the recruitment process.