What the Hiring Manager Says
This is a key role within Quilter, engaging with multiple stakeholders across the Group, including senior stakeholders within Finance and the Business.
The Financial Planning & Analysis teams ensure the successful delivery of regular financial management information and analysis for external reporting, preparation of the annual 3 year business plan, strategic target setting and the provision of regular monthly reporting and management information to the Quilter Board, Quilter Executive and Affluent Management Committees.
The individual will be proactive at seeking opportunities for continuous improvement to enhance quality, efficiency and timely, insightful analysis that helps drive forward our business.
About the Role
Level: Level 4
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis Location:
London, England or Southampton England
Contract type: Permanent
Business Planning and Forecasting
- Prepare, review and challenge the Business Plan and forecast packs for submission and approval to appropriate governance forums and stakeholders.
- Analyse forecast planned performance, ensuring a good understanding of the assumptions and drivers of performance; how the assumptions and drivers impact financial performance and any significant risks to the delivery of the plan.
- Ensuring all plan and forecast numbers are correctly uploaded and reflected in the financial systems to ensure that performance against plan can be easily tracked.
- Explore opportunities to streamline the processes and systems involved in the preparation of the Plan.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Information and Quarterly Business Performance Review packs to the appropriate Management Committees, Excos and Boards. This is to include monthly sales and flows reporting, profit and KPIs, together with thoughtful and considered commentary and analysis.
- Understand, analyse and challenge financial and operational results to prepare insight into the business performance and advise improvements where necessary.
- Maintenance of complex financial models to facilitate the reporting and forecasting of financial performance.
- Providing data, analysis and commentary for inclusion in the Group's Quarterly trading updates, Interim and Year End announcements, including the Supplementary Information disclosures relating to net flows, assets under management and administration ("AuMA") and other related performance data;
- Providing responses to questions from external parties on the Affluent segment (eg from market analysts, the Group's statutory auditors and credit rating agencies) to the FP&A Manager for review..
- Close collaboration with team members around finance including Finance Business Partners, Capital, Tax, Investor Relations and Financial Accounting, Group Expenses & Finance Change teams.
- Undertake and assist with ad hoc project work and deliverables.
Applications from people with diverse backgrounds enables our inclusive organisation to thrive. If you feel you don't match our exactly, why not take a chance on yourself and apply? You could be exactly what this role needs.
Motivated and keen to make a difference.
Ability to produce high quality, timely deliverables.
Strong attention to detail.
Able to work in a complex and changing environment.
Proactive approach to the resolution of problems and obstacles, escalating issues as required.
Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and a range of stakeholders across the business.
Ability to work collaboratively with others, and has confidence to provide challenge when necessary.
Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) ideally with previous experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or Finance Business Partnering.
Our purpose is to help the generations today and tomorrow to prosper. That means we must guide people through the complexity of planning for their future, with the right financial advice and investment solutions, so that they can have more secure financial futures.
In this ever-changing world, we see that our role in society has never been more meaningful, and we are committed to using our expertise and care to guide our customers through these challenging and unprecedented times.
Our impressive talents and capabilities set us apart, but our unwavering commitment to our customers is what defines us. We truly believe that we have all the ingredients to be the very best in our industry, and we want great people with the care and creativity that we need, to help us get there.
We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where everyone's contribution is valued, and our people can thrive. No matter what your role is or where you sit, your voice will matter. We hope you like what you hear and are interested in learning more about joining us.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.