Finance Lead- Digital Technologies, Global Digital Operations (GDO)
The Finance Lead - Digital Technologies Global Digital Operations (GDO) will act as the lead financial advisor to the GDO team within Mars Global Services, directing financial governance responsibilities for >50% Digital Technologies annual expense. GDO IT services power the Mars enterprise and include Technology Infrastructure, Application Services, Site Services, IT Operations, and Cybersecurity & Compliance. The Finance Lead will support 600 Mars Associates and 2,000+ contractors delivering services with global scope.
This trusted business partner for the Global Digital Operations Leadership Team will provide strategic leadership and guidance to define the operational model; deploy the roadmap to deliver financial commitments and develop the annual operating plan. Additionally, this role will consolidate, analyze, and present financial results to leadership teams while providing insightful analyses and identifying/anticipating risks to improve financial performance.
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or relevant finance experience required.
- 10+ years of experience working in a financial planning environment within global enterprise organization; experience operating in a global shared services organization is preferred.
- A professional track record as acting as co-pilot / business partner to functional areas required; experience in an IT Finance group including pricing of services to Business Segments is desired.
- Proficiency leveraging MS office tools (Excel and PowerPoint) to organize/convey information to influence at both Sr. Manager and Line Manager levels.
- Experience implementing or managing rollout of new Digital tools, in particular digitizing the forecasting process.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Prepare and present financial reporting and insights to VP - GDO and other highly visible leadership teams.
- Translate financial performance into meaningful, holistic business-oriented topics with special attention to analyses of financial trends, risks, and opportunities. Assist with building framework for tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) relevant to GDO services.
- Collaborate with Segment Finance to ensure a streamlined operational experience; drive clarity on impacts of investment decisions to Segment or Corporate stakeholders.
- Act as a strategic thought partner for GDO by providing internal consulting and oversight for long-term functional strategies/projects.
- Prepare business and operating plans inclusive of financial models, frameworks, plan investments, and portfolio management for the broader Mars Global Services and Digital Technologies teams. Manage and identify improvements to overall financial processes, calendar, and timeline to assure delivery of plans.
- Ensure VP - GDO, GDO Leadership Team and budget managers understand: (1) financial recommendations with respect to cost drivers and financial risk remediation; (2) budget targets and associated activities; (3) portfolio plan investments and priorities.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 140,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.