Job titleTEMP Group Financial and Regulatory AccountantRef36991DivisionFinance & CommercialLocationHybrid - Clearwater Court - RG1 8DBContract typeContractorFull/Part-timeFull-timeSalary£400 - £450 per day depending on experienceJob gradeBClosing date15/02/2024
Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing. At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
What you will be doing as Temporary Group Financial & Regulatory Accountant
This is a demanding role in a large organisation that will allow you to engage and work alongside stakeholders from across the business and to fully understand all our service lines.
In addition to your core role, you will join your friendly external financial reporting colleagues on on-site visits to Waste and Water treatment works, have access to a range of training courses and enjoy team social events. You will be a highly valued and pivotal team member as we increase our focus on best-in-class external reporting.
- Leading and project managing the delivery of the financial sections and associated documentation for our Annual Performance Report.
- Building up an expert knowledge of our business units and their financial performance.
- Developing best practice processes and procedures around our external regulatory reporting including using a range of financial tools including SAP, HFM and Anaplan.
- Becoming an expert in and advising stakeholders on financial reporting requirements set by our regulator Ofwat as set under Regulatory Accounting Guidelines. (RAG's)
- Providing training, advice and challenges to a range of stakeholders.
- Supporting ad hoc projects such as liquidation of entities, controls enhancement, and preparation for new accounting requirements.
- Key contact for Ofwat and External Audit queries.
What you should bring to the role?
- To effectively perform this role the successful candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn and become an expert in the water sector, have a change mindset and have the ability to work with a range of financial systems.
- In addition, strong communication and relationship management skills will be essential, as maintaining and building robust relationships with a variety of key stakeholders is vital within this position.
- Additionally, you will have strong experience working in a team towards a common objective within tight deadlines. Experience in using company IT systems including SAP, Anaplan and HFM would be desirable.
What's in it for you?
Daily Pay rate: £400 - £450 per day
IR35 determination: Inside IR35 Location:
Length of assignment: 6 months
Required Start date: 12th Feb or ASAP
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.