At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
About the role
We are looking for a risk management graduate to join our Enterprise Risk team and help us identify, assess, and monitor potential risks in our business operations.
You will work closely with risk managers, analysts, and consultants to learn about risk management frameworks, tools, and best practices. You will also participate in various projects and tasks related to risk identification, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
You will be accountable for supporting the Enterprise Risk team in overseeing risk management in Just Group, including producing risk monitoring and reporting and supporting risk assessments for various business units and functions.
On a day to day basis, you will be involved or responsible for executing the following tasks:
- Assist in conducting risk assessments for various business units and functions.
- Support the development, implementation, and renewal of risk management policies, procedures, and controls.
- Monitor and report on key risk indicators and metrics.
- Perform data analysis and research to identify emerging risks and trends.
- Provide risk management tools' training, advice and recommendations to stakeholders and management.
- Maintain risk management of system of record and ensure that there is adequate usage, access and adherence to relevant policies, procedures and controls.
- Contribute to risk management training and awareness programs.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, finance, accounting, business, IT, or related field.
- Certification or interest in pursuing certification in risk management, such as CRMA, CRISC, or FRM is desirable
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with risk management standards, frameworks, and methodologies is preferred
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme - paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- A variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
We're a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things - and will always put the customer first.
That's who we are. We're a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we're going to make sure they get it.
We've built our sustainability strategy around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and have selected goals where we believe we can make the most difference. By aligning our activity with these global goals, we can make sure we play our part in addressing the wider issues facing the planet and leave a positive legacy to the world. You can read more about our sustainability strategy here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are priorities for us. Having a diverse, talented workforce with colleagues of different backgrounds, world views and experiences is the right thing to do. It's also the most effective way to succeed, innovate and better serve our customers now and in the future. We are committed to our targets on gender and ethnicity and run a number of successful mentoring and sponsorship programmes for our colleagues from diverse backgrounds. We have multiple active employee network groups which champion issues including gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and neurodiversity. You can read more about our DE&I strategy and commitments here.
What's clear about working at Just is that we care. We care about our customers, our purpose, our environment, inclusivity, wellbeing and most importantly - each other. We look forward to welcoming you to the team soon.