At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
About the role
We are looking for a Financial Reporting and Controls Manager who is responsible for supporting the Head of Financial Accounting with the financial integrity of the results of the trading subsidiaries within the Just Group (life, distribution and management services companies).
The Financial Reporting and Controls Manager is supported by a team to ensure that the financial results are complete, accurate and with appropriate controls, reconciliations and analysis in place.
- Manage the monthly reporting close process to ensure the results are complete, accurate and compliant with group accounting policies
- Manage the IFRS and Solvency II external reporting processes
- Develop an understanding to challenge and analyse the financial inputs from other teams, eg Group, Actuarial, Treasury and Tax
- Assist in providing business support on material finance transactions and projects
- Support on finance transformation initiatives that will improve efficiency, effectiveness and reduce operational risk for the finance team
- Manage the production of financial statements and regulatory returns for UK life, distribution and management services companies
- Work successfully with key managers within Actuarial, Finance and the business, ensuring that the team is kept up to date with both the developing business (new products) and changing external environment
- Ensure that risks regarding the results production and financial operations are reported and understood
- Ensure appropriate controls and reconciliations are in place to support the accuracy and financial integrity of the results
- Assist in managing the external audit relationship for finance outputs subject to audit (financial statements and regulatory returns, and information produced by the team to support market announcements)
- Motivate, manage and develop a high performing team
Skills & Experience
- Professional Accountancy Qualification, e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Extensive post-qualification experience of insurance accounting/ reporting under IFRS and Solvency II
- Experience of taxation reporting is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of life accounting and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of data management and analysis
- Knowledge of financial analysis and controls
- Strong people management skills
- Good problem analysis and pro-active resolution skills
- Understanding of the products and services provided by the Group
- Understanding of the industry and the market
- Understanding of the Group's customers and products
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme - paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- A variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
We're a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things - and will always put the customer first.
That's who we are. We're a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we're going to make sure they get it.
We've built our sustainability strategy around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and have selected goals where we believe we can make the most difference. By aligning our activity with these global goals, we can make sure we play our part in addressing the wider issues facing the planet and leave a positive legacy to the world. You can read more about our sustainability strategy here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are priorities for us. Having a diverse, talented workforce with colleagues of different backgrounds, world views and experiences is the right thing to do. It's also the most effective way to succeed, innovate and better serve our customers now and in the future. We are committed to our targets on gender and ethnicity and run a number of successful mentoring and sponsorship programmes for our colleagues from diverse backgrounds. We have multiple active employee network groups which champion issues including gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and neurodiversity. You can read more about our DE&I strategy and commitments here.
What's clear about working at Just is that we care. We care about our customers, our purpose, our environment, inclusivity, wellbeing and most importantly - each other. We look forward to welcoming you to the team soon.