Cooper Parry has undergone rapid growth as a business, both organically and through acquisitions. Following a recent transformational acquisition, we are a £125m turnover business across 14 locations with over 1,150 employees (and counting!).
This has led to an expansion of our Finance team, who have taken charge of the increased information flow to an increased number of stakeholders and to top it all off, with increased levels of complexity - transforming their team for success.
To make sure we keep everything ticking away, we are looking for a Management Accountant to join the team on an 18-month fixed term contract helping to cover for maternity leave.
Our people are our biggest asset and our biggest costs. Ensuring we are accurately capturing current costs correctly, and predicting future costs for our forecasting is essential. We need to ensure our control accounts are fully reconciled and we can identify any issues, inconsistencies or incorrect processing.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting & Planning, this role will provide financial analysis, insights, and support through balance sheet reconciliation. You will manage the payroll journal process, and support the monthly and quarterly management accounts to help CP make informed decisions and achieve our vision.
- Calculate adjustments to other departments and post into monthly accounts
- Keep accurate records of any bonuses that exist in the business and ensure these are calculated and accrued during the financial year
- Prepare payroll analysis compared to budget to support departmental income statements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and HMRC accounts, taking the lead on inspections
- Prepare payroll budgets, forecasts, and financial plans, analyse financial data and provide insights
- Support the monthly and yearly management accounts and provide financial analysis as required
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and financial regulations
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work closely with other members of the finance team
As a Management Accountant, you will be analytical and organised with a ‘get it right first time’ attitude as attention to detail is paramount.
You must be committed to providing exceptional customer service and building effective working relationships with clients.
You will be...
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferable
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work in a growing fast paced environment, being agile and enjoying the challenge that growth & change brings
- Desirable experience would include multisite as well as accounting for payroll
We’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don’t give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
In the last 2 years’, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
What's in it for you...
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Open Holidays - unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested
- We are currently undertaking a 100-80-100 trial, otherwise known as a “4 day work week trial” to reduce our working hours by 20%
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV’s will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.