Cooper Parry has undergone rapid growth as a business, both organically and through acquisitions. Following a recent transformational acquisition, we are a £125m turnover business across 14 locations with over 1,150 employees (and counting!).
This has led to an expansion of our Finance team, who have taken charge of the increased information flow to an increased number of stakeholders and to top it all off, with increased levels of complexity - transforming their team for success.
To make sure we keep everything ticking away, we are looking for a Purchase Ledger Manager to join the team on a 14-month fixed term contract helping to cover for maternity leave.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Shared Services, you will manage the purchase ledger team and oversee the day-to-day running of the whole purchase ledger process. This role is key in maintaining an excellent working relationship with all our suppliers, ensuring they are paid in line with agreed credit terms, and staff expenses are paid promptly and fairly. You will also be getting involved in:
- Managing individual team members, we want someone who will prioritise engagement, development, progression, and most importantly the wellbeing within the team, giving our people the best experience and enabling them to perform at their best
- Overseeing the processing of expenses, credit cards and invoices from suppliers
- Maintaining excellent relationships across the business to ensure information and authorisation required is provided in a timely fashion
- Providing monthly analysis and insight into the company costs incurred, including variance analysis to forecasts\budgets
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts, intercompany balances, and various other balance sheet accounts
- Liaising with the Head of Treasury & Reporting, contributing to accurate cashflow forecasting of CP
- Working with external suppliers on ad-hoc queries, demonstrating a positive experience with Cooper Parry
- Liaising with other teams to ensure our supplier onboarding process promotes our Cultural and Ethical journey, along with compliance of required legal standards including anti-slavery and sustainability policies
As a Purchase Ledger Manager, you will have an acute analytical mindset and attention to detail. You’ll love getting in the data and won’t shy away from a growing fast paced environment. In fact, you will be agile and enjoy the challenge that change and growth bring. You will have:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Organization and time management down to a tee
- Confidence to challenge and show resilience where required
- Multisite experience would be a benefit
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
What's in it for you...
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Open Holidays - unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested
- We are currently undertaking a 100-80-100 trial, otherwise known as a “4 day work week trial” to reduce our working hours by 20%
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV’s will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.