Element has an opportunity for a Senior Accounts Payable Representative
to join our growing team in Edinburgh. In this role you will be responsible for accounts payable duties, supporting multiple labs and / or locations.
This position plays a crucial role in the daily upkeep of accounts payable, fielding phone calls from vendors and Element laboratories, ensuring invoices are entered into accounting system, payments made within acceptable timeframe, and other duties as assigned. This position partners with AP Team Lead and team of AP representatives.
- Build and maintain effective relationship with vendors
- Analyse accounts, obtain missing invoices, and address discrepancies
- Build rapport with assigned Element Lab(s)
- Paying vendors via our banking system
- Overall knowledge/partner of Element lab assigned and their vendors for AP related topics
- Other tasks as needed or requested by Lead or Manager
- Significant experience in multi-site / location accounts payable support
- Ability to effectively communicate inside organsisation (manager, peers, members of Element team) as well as externally (vendors)
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as invoice amounts, payment terms and cash balances and to apply concepts of basic math
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Proficiency with accounting software systems
- Ability to remain calm when faced with deadlines and multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to function as part of a team
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 9,000 brilliant minds operating from 270 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.