Cedar is exclusively recruiting for a Senior Manager, ESG Reporting for a leading international business with operations around the globe and employs around 30,000 people.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a chartered accountant to join the business to be instrumental in shaping its approach ESG reporting, engaging stakeholders, and fostering sustainable and ethical business practices that support the company's long-term objectives.Purpose:
The ESG Reporting Manager at will serve as the cornerstone for the company's sustainability and corporate responsibility reporting initiatives. This role is designed to:
- Take responsibility for all ESG statutory and voluntary reporting.
- Lead on and take responsibility for scanning the horizon for developments in ESG reporting to ensure we meet all regulatory requirements at the right time.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that our reporting supports the businesses narrative and contributes to the overall understanding and reputation of the company and also meets the requirements of the various stakeholders including business partners, shareholders, investor and employees.
- Take responsibility for all ESG statutory and voluntary reporting, covering all aspects of the Responsible Business Framework and any other topics, including those under IFRS working with finance team as appropriate.
- Lead the development of reporting strategy for mandatory and voluntary reporting.
- Lead the development of the structure, systems and processes for the organisation to deliver ESG content and data for reporting, with a particular focus on what is required within the BUs. This will require engaging and influencing Regional General Managers, Regional FDs, General Managers, Finance Directors and environmental reporters, as well as the teams in finance, risk and legal.
- Take responsibility for preparing the business to disclose against the EU CSRD (and deliver the reporting in subsequent years.
- Take joint responsibility to deliver the first ESG/RB report in 2024, taking full responsibility for the report in successive years.
- Significant experience of ESG or financial and/or integrated reporting
- Aware of relevant sustainability guidelines and standards (e.g. The International Sustainability Standards Board's (ISSB) global standards
- Proven track record of delivering in your roles and on large projects.
- Detail orientated with excellent written and communication skills, including strong power point presentation and report writing skills.
- Experience in dealing with a range of stakeholders (financial and non-financial)
- Track record of excellence, able to inspire change and deliver results
- Strategic thinking and then ability to create a plan and deliver it
- Identify opportunities, take initiative and think through future implications
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills