School Finance Officer | Havering
Are you a looking for a finance opportunity in a school setting as a recent graduate or with relevant past school experience?
If so, we are looking to appoint an exceptional School Finance Officer to play a key role in a finance team at a reputable school in Havering. The School Finance Officer is responsible for a wide range of finance related administrative tasks, including placing orders, processing invoices and journals on the schools finance management system and ensuring that the schools financial procedures have been complied with.
The post would be particularly suitable for someone with experience in a finance, payroll or admin role, within an educational or similar setting.School Finance Officer
School Finance Officer Requirements:
- Assist staff in sourcing suitable products using best value principles.
- Raise and send purchase orders/log commitments on the accounting system.
- Where appropriate purchase goods using the schools purchasing card.
- Validate and process invoices, issue cheques and BACS payments.
- Assist with staff returns, reconcile overtime claims and process monthly payroll reports.
- Carry out the bank reconciliation and period end.
- Create invoices for funding claims and supplied services.
- Chase outstanding payments, reporting any issues to the Finance Manager.
- Source and apply for funding to assist the school.
- Knowledge of using FMS
- Month end procedures
- Manage the Parent Pay System for the school
- Assist with budget preparation
- You will be computer literate, confident working in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word, and using email.
- SIMS exp
You will be committed to ensuring that the public face of the school is a friendly, helpful one, and will also be driven and independent; able to recognise when to prioritise the different elements of the job.Ribbons & Reeves are Londons leading Education Recruiters. For other roles like this, check out our website, search Ribbons & Reeves. We look forward to supporting you in your application to this School Finance Officer role.School Finance Officer | Havering | INDNCB