About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, corporations and governments around the world. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its combination of industry experience and rigorous, fact-based analysis that provide clients with clear, implementable solutions to complex business concerns.
The Human Capital team comprises about 20 professionals committed to attracting, developing, and retaining excellent colleagues across the firm. Our culture embraces a growth mindset: inspiring excellence and bringing expertise and innovation to the role every day. The Benefits and Global Mobility team contributes to CRA's success by designing and delivering a benefits package that is a clear competitive advantage for CRA with a key focus on outstanding customer service and an ongoing commitment to efficient, ethical practices. In this role, you will be the primary contact for benefits-related support in the European region and will lead benefit programs across Europe, including health and well-bring, time off and leaves of absence, pensions and retirement plans, and other benefits. This role will oversee administration and compliance for all European statutory programs. Simultaneously, the Benefits Manager will remain up to speed and involved in the programs offered in the Americas and will work interchangeably and in harmony with the team to ensure consistent development and delivery of superior benefits programs. This position reports through the Director of Benefits and Global Mobility. Typical responsibilities of the Benefits Manager would be:
- Administer the day-to-day operation of CRA's European benefits programs in collaboration and coordination with the Senior Global Benefits Manager and Benefits Specialist, including but not limited to:
- Program management and communication, including time off utilization and management, transit, wellness, group welfare, retirement/pension plans, and any statutory plans;
- Technical support, including file integrations and liaison with Workday;
- Analytic support, including statistical and census data for brokers, insurance carriers, and management, and data auditing;
- Global Payroll support, including coordination and audit of employee benefit deductions;
- Enrollment for new employees;
- Manage the European Leave of Absence process including interacting with employees, managers, internal resources, and third-party providers;
- Work collaboratively with the Benefits team to provide data and counsel on strategy, goals, and effectiveness of CRA's European benefits program performance;
- Continue the Benefits team's development, maintenance, adoption, and measurement of the efficacy of CRA's global wellness program, including program management, communications, brand awareness efforts and analysis of the programs impact on associated benefits costs and overall satisfaction of the community;
- Cultivate and administer global vendor, broker, and consulting partner relationships;
- Ensure and maintain compliance, filings, and testing for all applicable local, national, and international laws and CRA policies and procedures, and ensures accurate and current documentation;
- Drive collaboration and build relationships across the firm with key partners including Payroll, Financial Administration, Talent Acquisition, Legal, and other functional teams to support CRA's ability to attract, develop, and sustain excellent talent;
- Participate in broader Human Capital initiatives and projects as assigned, to support overall team goals of attracting, developing, and sustaining our employees;
- Work collaboratively with peers and partners across the world, including those in different time zones.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent relevant full-time work experience;
- 7-10 years related work experience in benefit plan design, cost analysis, communications, and administration (professional services preferred);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), communication software (Zoom), advanced knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables) desirable;
- Working knowledge of, and ability to apply, the laws, rules and regulations associated with national, state, and local Leave of Absence mandates;
- Experience with employee management systems (Workday preferred) and other HR technologies;
- Curious and analytic thinker with a problem-solving mindset who finds the right resources to solve the issue;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues and projects of varying complexity and confidentiality in a fast-paced, service-focused environment;
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to craft effective communication across a diverse audience;
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, ownership and leadership (hands-on, responsive, meet deadlines, and deliver accurate, high-quality work);
- Strong teamwork and collaboration capabilities across levels of the organization, with the ability to influence others without the benefit of traditional hierarchical authority;
- Employee-centered mindset that appreciates the role that benefits play in attracting and retaining top talent;
- Excellent time management, task prioritisation, and detail orientation;
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Empathic and warm personality, exhibiting patience and calmness in challenging situations;
- Flexibility to work across North American and European time zones, occasional evening and weekend work, and periodic overnight/international travel.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, we require the following:
- CV/Resume - please include current address, personal email and telephone number;
- Covering letter - please describe your interest in CRA and how this role matches your goals.
Career Growth and Benefits
- CRA's robust skills development programs, including a commitment to offering training annually through formal and informal programs, encouraging you to thrive as an individual and team member. Beginning with skill building, training continues with technical training, presentation skills, internal seminars, and career mentoring and performance coaching from an assigned senior colleague. Additional leadership and collaboration opportunities exist through internal firm development activities.
- We offer a comprehensive total rewards program including a superior benefits package, wellness programming to support physical, mental, emotional and financial well-being, and in-house immigration support for foreign nationals and international business travelers.
Work Location Flexibility
CRA creates a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth, mentorship and inclusivity. At the same time, we recognise that individuals realise a range of benefits when working from home periodically. We currently ask that individuals spend 3 to 4 day a week on average working in the office (which may include traveling to another CRA office), with specific days determined in coordination with your practice or team. At certain times of the year (e.g. holiday periods), additional remote work options are offered to those whose work commitments permit it, although our offices remain open for those who choose or need to be there.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (Equality Act 2010). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.