At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
The Role: 12 month FTC Location:
Stirling - Hybrid
The role of the Propositions team is to make sure that our propositions remain appropriate for their target market and deliver the promised outcomes throughout the customer journey. In order to do that we need to understand and deliver all product promises to customers in line with legislative and regulatory requirements, while delivering a customer experience that is valued. We need a high performing product/commercial manager with experience of developing and managing life and pensions propositions, with experience in managing heritage/legacy products an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant will support a number of key strategic projects linked to the growth ambition of M&G. In addition the role will also require the candidate to be involved with a number of business as usual activities, including completion of product review activities and other regulatory projects, which support the delivery of good customer outcomes.
The Heritage Propositions team is made up of subject matter experts with extensive knowledge of M&G's insured propositions and a deep understanding of the legislative, regulatory and tax framework within which the products are operated. The Conduct & Enablement team within the has primary responsibility for ensuring that Heritage Propositions are operating within M&G Prudential's Conduct Risk appetite, including the provision of oversight and co-ordination of regulatory change implementation across the business area, and the completion of proposition reviews to the agreed risk-based review cycle for Heritage products.
The successful candidate will join the Conduct & Enablement Team (part of the Propositions area) which is responsible for the management and oversight of a wide range of activities within M&G. The team enables a number of key activities for the Heritage area including:
- Oversight and co-ordination of regulatory change implementation across Heritage,
- The completion of proposition reviews to the agreed risk-based review cycle heritage products.
- The prioritisation and co-ordination of Notifiable Events, issues and proposition changes
- 1st line risk and controls for the area
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in the area of life & pensions product management is essential.
- We are looking for a talented professional from the life and pension industry with a proven life and pensions product and technical background.
- A confident communicator and relationship builder, with strong business analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills - able to work well under pressure, balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of business stakeholders at all levels within and outside the organisation. This is a collaborative role, working with various teams across the business as well as outsourced service providers and other third parties.
- Good understanding of life & pensions products, with previous experience in managing existing life & pensions propositions
- Experience in developing existing life & pension products or new products in line with changing regulation and customer needs
- Experience in delivering regulatory projects
- Ability to identify and deliver growth opportunities
- Good working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Good working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
Work Level: Manager Expert
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.