Job titleHead of Financial & Regulatory ModellingRef34055DivisionFinance & CommercialLocationHybrid - Clearwater Court - RG1 8DBContract typePermanentFull/Part-timeFull-timeSalaryOffering in excess of £100,000 per annum with Car Allowance, Bonus, Private Health Care and PensionJob gradeCClosing date20/02/2024
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role in making critical strategic decisions for one of the UK's largest infrastructure businesses. As one of the largest corporate bond issuers in the UK and with a shareholder group formed of large international pension funds and sovereign wealth funds, this is also an opportunity to engage with a truly diverse range of stakeholders including regulators, rating agencies and investors.
What you be doing as Head of Financial and Regulatory Modelling?
This is a unique opportunity to analyse the key financial drivers of the company, understanding and optimising outcomes for shareholders, customers, debt investors, and regulators. As well as giving a holistic view of the company, this role is unique in its broad scope of skills, requiring technical ability, conceptual thinking, influencing and communication skills.
Key accountabilities will incorporate:
- Responsibility for financial and regulatory modelling at Thames Water.
- You will be the senior contact for Ofwat engagement regarding financial model development and population.
- Leading the development of financial models to incorporate rating agency methodologies.
- Heading up the engagement with the Business Planning team and wider business to ensure an appropriate planning approach.
- Leading risk/sensitivity analysis using financial models to understand risks and financial resilience.
- Stakeholder management of shareholder, debt investor and bank questions related to financial forecasts.
- Costing of capital analysis including considering regulatory perspective and future projections of financing costs.
- Review, analyse and challenge Ofwat's determinations.
- Led strategic creative thinking around ensuring the development of future regulatory approaches is best aligned with the requirements of our customers and shareholders.
What you should bring to the role?
- Flexible individual with a strong finance background, for example, accountancy qualified (CCAB) or equivalent.
- Vast experience in the development and operation of financial models.
- Experience in sophisticated data analysis.
- Ability to think critically and commercially, with high attention to detail, to assess business issues and opportunities.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and utilisation of the tool for financial modelling.
- Strong experience working within the utilities sector or another regulated environment.
- Good understanding of corporate finance principles.
- Influencing skills with individuals at all levels in the business including senior management.
- Excellent communication, relationship management and presentation skills.
- High level of business awareness.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary over £100,000 per annum.
- Annual Leave 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service. (Plus bank holidays).
- Car Allowance.
- Annual Bonus.
- Private Medical Health Care.
- Contributory pension - Defined Contribution - Maximum of 12% -2x employee contribution.
- Personal Medical Assessments - Open to all once a year.
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
Who are we?
At Thames Water, our purpose is crystal clear - to deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and planet can thrive.
Water is life's great leveller. Every living thing needs it, every single day. From people to plants, birds to bees, farms to factories, we all need it to thrive, and we're committed to taking care of it for us all.
But keeping water flowing is becoming harder. From scorching summers to wetter winters, extreme weather affects everything from our pipes to our local rivers. We must keep millions more kettles boiling, public services operating, washing machines spinning, showers running and more, so every drop is more precious than ever. Are you ready to play your part?
Working at Thames Water
At Thames Water, we recognise that people are at the heart of our business. To help us succeed in providing life's essential service, we need a range of skills and capabilities, representative of society throughout our business.
We seek to attract and retain a cultural mix of people who can offer different but complementary attitudes, values, talents, and knowledge. We understand the importance of appreciating and harnessing the unique skills, experiences, backgrounds, and differences that each individual brings.
Our over-arching diversity and inclusion aim is to ensure Thames Water is a diverse and inclusive great place to work. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
When a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and earn some extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.