Job titleGroup Financial & Regulatory AccountantRef36744DivisionFinance & CommercialLocationHybrid - Clearwater Court - RG1 8DBContract typePermanentFull/Part-timeFull-timeSalaryOffering between £50,000 - £65,000 per annum depending on experienceJob gradeBClosing date19/02/2024
This is a demanding role in a large organisation that will allow you to engage and work alongside stakeholders from across the business and to fully understand all our service lines.
In addition to your core role, you will join your friendly external financial reporting colleagues on on-site visits to Waste and Water treatment works, have access to a range of training courses and enjoy team social events. You will be a highly valued and pivotal team member as we increase our focus on best-in-class external reporting.
What you will be doing as Group Financial & Regulatory Accountant
- Leading and project managing the delivery of the financial sections and associated documentation for our Annual Performance Report.
- Building up an expert knowledge of our business units and their financial performance.
- Developing best practice processes and procedures around our external regulatory reporting including using a range of financial tools including SAP, HFM and Anaplan.
- Becoming an expert in and advising stakeholders on financial reporting requirements set by our regulator Ofwat as set under Regulatory Accounting Guidelines. (RAG's)
- Providing training, advice and challenges to a range of stakeholders.
- Supporting ad hoc projects such as liquidation of entities, controls enhancement, and preparation for new accounting requirements.
- Key contact for Ofwat and External Audit queries.
What you should bring to the role?
- To effectively perform this role the successful candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn and become an expert in the water sector, have a change mindset and have the ability to work with a range of financial systems.
- In addition, strong communication and relationship management skills will be essential, as maintaining and building robust relationships with a variety of key stakeholders is vital within this position.
- Additionally, you will have strong experience working in a team towards a common objective within tight deadlines. Experience in using company IT systems including SAP, Anaplan and HFM would be desirable.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum.
- Annual Leave 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service. (Plus bank holidays).
- Contributory pension - Defined Contribution - Maximum of 12% -2x employee contribution.
- Personal Medical Assessments - Open to all once a year.
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
Who are we?
At Thames Water, our purpose is crystal clear - to deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and planet can thrive.
Water is life's great leveller. Every living thing needs it, every single day. From people to plants, birds to bees, farms to factories, we all need it to thrive, and we're committed to taking care of it for us all.
But keeping water flowing is becoming harder. From scorching summers to wetter winters, extreme weather affects everything from our pipes to our local rivers. We need to keep millions more kettles boiling, public services operating, washing machines spinning, showers running and more, so every drop is more precious than ever. Are you ready to play your part?
Working at Thames Water
At Thames Water, we recognise that people are at the heart of our business. To help us succeed in providing life's essential service, we need a range of skills and capabilities, representative of society throughout our business.
We seek to attract and retain a cultural mix of people who can offer different but complementary attitudes, values, talents, and knowledge. We understand the importance of appreciating and harnessing the unique skills, experiences, backgrounds, and differences that each individual brings.
Our over-arching diversity and inclusion aim is to ensure Thames Water is a diverse and inclusive great place to work. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
When a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and earn some extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.