Are you an experienced Audit professional who enjoys helping others grow and develop and builds lasting relationships with your portfolio of clients? We may have an opportunity just for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic auditor who seeks regular client contact, whose aim is to further their career while contributing to the provision of excellent service to a diverse range of clients. As an Audit Manager in Kent, your office base can be either Canterbury or Chatham - plus we offer hybrid working which involves working 3 days in the office, and 2 from home.
Our clients are based all over Sussex, Kent and London and you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of clients, of differing sizes and in a range of different industries including not for profit, ensuring that a top quality service is provided in our ever expanding Audit and Corporate team. About the role
As the Audit Manager, you will manage specific Audit clients and workflow via own team, providing high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery. The Role:
- Managing and ensuring the smooth running of the audit team
- Attending/leading planning and wrap up meetings
- Reviewing audit files of every complexity
- Communicating audit issues to the client and audit partner as identified
- Dealing with technical enquiries from clients and other firm members
- Assisting clients with one-off assignments
- Demonstrating initiative and judgement and identifying cross selling opportunities
- Gaining new work from existing and new clients where possible
- Attending networking events to represent the firm
- Travelling to and from clients’ premises and our other offices from time to time.
Staff training and management
What we're looking for
- Managing and developing audit staff
- Contributing to the general management of the team, office and (where appropriate) firm as a whole
- Being involved in the strategic plans affecting the team, office and service line
- Managing the availability of staff within the team
- Providing on the job training for staff where possible and monitoring the performance of staff
- Assisting partners with technical research and technical writing for client and marketing purposes
- Previous experience as Audit Manager
- ACCA or ACA Qualified (significant PQE) or qualified by experience
- A strong and dynamic team player
- A driven, self starter
- A good communication
- Commercially aware
- Skilled at technical research and writing skills
- A working knowledge of CaseWare would be beneficial
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in accounting software
- Excellent client facing skills
This role requires frequent travel to client offices so candidates must be willing to travel to other offices. What we can offer
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
About Kreston Reeves
- Financial Wellbeing - competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, income protection. Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- Leave - 25.5 days plus bank holidays, holiday buying (up to 5 days), agile working
- Mental Wellbeing - employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing - Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment insurance, critical illness insurance, BMI health assessment, GymFlex, annual flu jab
- Recognition - monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values
- Development - we offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to internal and external training courses
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging - we operate several family-friendly policies, childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
- CSR - give as you earn, 1 extra day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel - cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, interest-free season ticket loan (London only), interest-free car/motorbike loan
With 200 years of history, we are an award-winning professional services firm with offices in London, Kent and Sussex. We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services, tailored to our clients’ needs.
We guide our clients, colleagues and communities to a brighter future. We help businesses, not for profit organisations, individuals and families with more than just accountancy, business and wealth advice.
Our dedication to providing a personal service is what sets us apart - we get to know you, understand your goals, support and advise you on your journey to help you realise your ambitions.
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified, demonstrating our commitment to our environmental, social and governance programme which is central to our purpose and vision. We actively encourage all our colleagues to give back to their local communities whenever they can.