Are you someone who is fascinated about business, likes people, is full of curiosity, with a positive attitude then we may have an opportunity just for you.
We are looking for a qualified accountant who enjoys audit to join our growing Audit and Corporate team. As an Audit Senior in Kent, your office base can be either Chatham or Canterbury - plus we offer hybrid working which involves working 3 days in the office, and 2 from home.
Our clients are based all over Sussex, Kent and London and you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of clients, of differing sizes and in a range of different industries including not for profit, ensuring that a top quality service is provided in our ever expanding Audit and Corporate team. About the role
Primarily your role will be to lead a team of Auditors and to manage audits from planning to completion for a range of our clients. You will be responsible for leading and training Audit Juniors and reviewing their work and you will also work closely with managers and partners with running their portfolios to ensure all files are technically compliant. You will also have exposure to compiling accounts as well as corporate tax returns.
What we're looking for
- Audit planning and completing audits for clients
- Running assignments and ensuring they are completed in a cost and time efficient manner
- Supervising and coaching more junior team members on site
- Controlling audit and accounts preparation undertaken by junior members of staff
- Liaising with the client (HMRC) and client partner on work assignments
- Ensuring audit procedures are followed meticulously
- Drafting corporation and income tax computations
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or part qualified with a minimum of 2 years prior audit experience)
- Statutory audit experience gained in public practice
- Knowledge of ISA and UK GAAP essential
- Accounts compilation skills
- Experience in drafting corporation tax computations
- Excellent client service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in ProAudit desirable.
This role requires frequent travel to client offices so candidates must be willing to travel to other offices. What we can offer
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Financial Wellbeing - competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, income protection. Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- Leave - 25.5 days plus bank holidays, holiday buying (up to 5 days), agile working
- Mental Wellbeing - employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing - Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment insurance, critical illness insurance, BMI health assessment, GymFlex, annual flu jab
- Recognition - monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values
- Development - we offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to internal and external training courses
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging - we operate several family-friendly policies, childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
- CSR - give as you earn, 1 extra day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel - cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, interest-free season ticket loan (London only), interest-free car/motorbike loan
£46,000 to £49,000 per annum depending on PQE About Kreston Reeves
With 200 years of history, we are an award-winning professional services firm with offices in London, Kent and Sussex. We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services, tailored to our clients’ needs.
We guide our clients, colleagues and communities to a brighter future. We help businesses, not for profit organisations, individuals and families with more than just accountancy, business and wealth advice.
Our dedication to providing a personal service is what sets us apart - we get to know you, understand your goals, support and advise you on your journey to help you realise your ambitions.
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified, demonstrating our commitment to our environmental, social and governance programme which is central to our purpose and vision. We actively encourage all our colleagues to give back to their local communities whenever they can.