Are you someone who enjoys giving back to its communities and has a strong interest in or has experience of specialising in charity and not for profits clients? Then we may have an opportunity just for you.
We are looking for a part qualified/qualified accountant who enjoys running a portfolio of predominately charity clients to join our Not For Profit team in Kent. As a Senior Not For Profit in Kent, your office base can be either Chatham or Canterbury - plus we offer hybrid working which involves working 3 days in the office, and 2 from home.
Your primary role will be to support an assistant manager in leading Independent Examinations and accounts preparation, from planning to completion for a range of our clients. You will have exposure to compiling and overseeing accounts preparation and will be responsible for leading and training assistants and reviewing their work with progression in role development. About the role
As an Senior Not For Profit, you will be responsible for running a portfolio of charity clients, including Independent Examinations and charity accounts. Your other key responsibilities will include:
What we're looking for
- Lead and support a client portfolio, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy & fee levels from own portfolio, ensuring proactive contact at key times (eg timetable planning).
- Act as a key point of contact for other charity audit clients so as to maximise delivered work.
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises are kept.
What we can offer
- Experience within a small firm, preparing audits and accounts and undertaking Independent Examinations for not-for-profit entities
- Ideally have knowledge of charity SORP
- Experience with their own portfolio of clients with the ability to manage their clients needs
- Passion for the not-for-profit sector
- Enthusiasm with supporting assistant managers and managers with the sector
- Collaborative working with teams across Kent and Sussex
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
About Kreston Reeves
- Financial Wellbeing - competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, income protection. Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- Leave - 25.5 days plus bank holidays, holiday buying (up to 5 days), agile working
- Mental Wellbeing - employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing - Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment insurance, critical illness insurance, BMI health assessment, GymFlex, annual flu jab
- Recognition - monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values
- Development - we offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to internal and external training courses
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging - we operate several family-friendly policies, childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
- CSR - give as you earn, 1 extra day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel - cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, interest-free season ticket loan (London only), interest-free car/motorbike loan
With 200 years of history, we are an award-winning professional services firm with offices in London, Kent and Sussex. We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services, tailored to our clients’ needs.
We guide our clients, colleagues and communities to a brighter future. We help businesses, not for profit organisations, individuals and families with more than just accountancy, business and wealth advice.
Our dedication to providing a personal service is what sets us apart - we get to know you, understand your goals, support and advise you on your journey to help you realise your ambitions.
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified, demonstrating our commitment to our environmental, social and governance programme which is central to our purpose and vision. We actively encourage all our colleagues to give back to their local communities whenever they can.