Reporting to the Finance Director the Credit Controller will be working as a key member of the Finance team. The role will take ownership of all credit control duties for the ITO business. As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring timely payment of outstanding invoices, minimising bad debts, and maintaining a healthy cash flow for the organization. Your primary objective will be to monitor and manage the credit accounts of our customers, ensuring compliance with credit policies and procedures. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to work in a challenging and fast paced environment, you will be part of a newly set up team in the ITO division.
- Monitor and manage the credit accounts of customers to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices.
- Managing a ledger of 50+ accounts
- Implement effective credit control procedures and policies to minimise bad debts and maintain a healthy cash flow.
- Conduct credit checks on new customers and existing customers and adjust credit limits accordingly / assess their creditworthiness.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers to facilitate smooth payment processes.
- Communicate with customers regarding overdue payments and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Prepare and send regular statements and reminders to customers regarding outstanding balances.
- Lead the monthly debt review meeting, working to chase overdue debt, ensuring any queries are documented and resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to address any credit-related issues and ensure smooth credit approval processes for new orders.
- Generate reports on credit control activities, including aging analysis, bad debts, promise to pay, and cash flow projections.
- Provide recommendations on credit risk mitigation strategies and process improvements to enhance the efficiency of credit control operations.
- Reporting for internal stakeholders on a regular or adhoc basis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, the ITO team and the wider group - providing financial support and guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Assisting Group with the financial reporting requirements working towards tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in credit control, accounts receivable, or a similar role.
- Good people skills, capable of building excellent working relationships with customers and across the business.
- Problem solving skills, the ability to identify and resolve issues or discrepancies in the sales ledger or on invoices.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ownership and responsibility, taking ownership of the numbers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good with Excel and Finance systems.
- Our people are our greatest assets, and ensuring everyone feels their best self to come to work is integral
- Annual Leave - 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays and the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free advice, support, and confidential counselling available 24/7 through Care First
- Endometriosis Friendly Employer - We are proud to confirm our commitment to developing an environment and culture that allows those with endometriosis to thrive in the workplace
- Regardless of where you are at in your career, we’re committed to enabling your growth personally and professionally
Financial wellbeing -
- Development Programmes - From Future Managers to Leadership Training, our development programmes help you get where you need to go
- Performance Bonus - Our Group-wide bonus scheme enables you to reap the rewards of your success
We understand as well as your mental wellbeing, your financial wellbeing is really important
- Pension Scheme - Our plan with Scottish Widows offers 5% matched contribution by the company
- Income protection insurance - Providing you with support and assistance when you need it most
- Highlighting and rewarding the great work our people do
Making a Difference
- Values Awards - Our quarterly employee-driven initiative to highlight and reward the people in the organisation who embody our values the most
- Clear Review - Our own technology platform that allows you to get real-time feedback, conversations and goals to help you become your best self
- we provide opportunities to help our people make a difference to the causes they care about
- MatchIt! - Fundraise for a cause close to your heart and Advanced will match part of the funding
- Volunteering Time - Our volunteering leave scheme allows you to use your time to help those who need it
- Pennies from Heaven - donate the pennies from your pay check to help make a difference without lifting a finger
We are one the UK’s largest tech companies, and our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses. We’ve grown phenomenally quickly with a £275m turnover and 2,800 employees supporting over 25,000 customers. We hire for potential.
We want to make sure we have the best people for the job and provide genuinely equal opportunities for our people to thrive. Our recruitment process is designed with inclusion and equity at its core.
Find out more about the next steps once you’ve applied here - careers.oneadvanced.com/how-we-hire