Head of Financial Planning & Analysis 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Lloyds is the worlds leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the markets brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrows progress isnt limited by todays risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future thats more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, You'll find a home at Lloyds build a braver future with us.
Lloyds is currently seeking to recruit a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis on an 18 Month (FTC) to cover maternity leave. You will be leading the Financial Planning and Analysis team and responsible for producing the annual budget for the Society of Lloyds, periodic forecast and management information and reports to support business as usual and strategic projects and initiatives.
The role of Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will also be responsible for analysing performance of syndicates operating within the Lloyds market to identify trends and support other teams across the Society of Lloyds in developing plans to maintain profitability.Principal Accountabilities of the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting processes and cycles across Society of Lloyds including:
Translating companywide targets into financial metrics to aid the achievement of objectives
Establishing clear principles and timetables to support the business in setting budgets and forecasts
Challenging the business on the robustness of budget and forecast assumptions
Establishing appropriate KPIs which are linked to the overall strategy
- Leading the annual planning and quarterly forecasting process for the Lloyds Market including:
Providing guidance to managing agents to assist their provision of adequate information to support the preparation of the Lloyds Market plan
Aggregation of the financial budgets/plans from the Society of Lloyds and syndicates operating at Lloyds
Review of syndicate quarterly forecasts and assess the reasons for deviations from initial plans and the resulting impact on the Lloyds Market result
Producing material to support the presentation of the Society of Lloyds and Lloyds Market budgets/plans and forecasts to the Executive Committee, Audit Committee, Board, Rating Agencies, Regulators and other stakeholders
- Leading the team responsible for the production of frequent management information to enable the business to assess performance against budgets and forecasts and discussing these with relevant executive committee members to assess whether remedial actions are needed
- Provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on performance
- Supporting the business in assessing the financial costs and benefits for strategic and other projects; conducting reviews of financial business cases to support key initiatives
- Analysing performance trends for syndicates operating in the Lloyds Market to support the wider assessment of profitability and decisions about remedial actions required by syndicate and for the market
- Deputise for the Chief Accountant as needed in meetings and/or presentations with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain an effective system of internal control; ensure process and controls are adequately documented and designed and operate effectively on a continuous basis
Skills and Experience
- To attract and retain the best diverse talent through a high-performance culture, best practice and inspirational leadership
- Experience of insurance accounting, ideally within the Lloyds Market
- Experience of financial reporting ideally within for the Lloyds Market
- Senior level stakeholder management
- Knowledge of analysing complex accountancy & financial information
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of implementing cost management initiatives
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis tools
- Accounting, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), UK Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (UK GAAP) and overseas GAAP as required
- Insurance accounting principles, including those applicable to the Lloyds Market
- Best practice financial planning and analysis
- All relevant legal and regulatory requirements both UK and International
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us Lloyds aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments, we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development.
We understand that our work/life balance is important to us all and that a hybrid of working from the office and home can offer a great level of flexibility. Flexible working forms part of a total reward approach which offers a host of other benefits over and above the standard offering (generous pension, healthcare, wellbeing etc). These include financial support for training, education & development, a benefit allowance (to spend on our flexible benefits such as gym membership, dental insurance, extra holiday or to partake in our cycle to work scheme), employee recognition scheme and various employee discount schemes.
By choosing Lloyd's, you'll be part of a team that brings together the best minds in the industry, and together with our underwriters and brokers, we create innovative, responsive solutions allowing us to share risk and solve complex problems.NO AGENCIES PLEASE
JOB REF: AWDO-C11791
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Lloyds
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis | Financial Planning and Analysis Jobs | Finance Management | Budgeting and Forecasting | Lloyd's Market | Insurance Accounting | Financial Reporting | Accountant | GAAP | IFRS