Team Manager - Assessment ProductionPart Time - 17.5 hours per weekPermanentManchester: £52,800 - £58,000 (actual salary £26,400 - £29,000)Guildford: £55,000 - £60,000 (actual salary £27,500 - £30,000)Smart Hybrid WorkingAre you experienced in managing a team of people? Are you able to motive and coach others in a high pressure environment to hit tight, immovable deadlines?
As a Team Manager in Assessment Production, you will have a direct role in supporting the production of live assessment materials, the exam papers presented to millions of learners every year. The current post holder is reducing their hours - we are a company who are supportive and understand work/life balance and you will complete the team.
As one of the 8 Team Managers in Assessment Production, you will be responsible for motivating and coaching team members to deliver first class customer service and operational excellence. Alongside your job share, you will proactively plan and manage the annual work flow of a team of Coordinators and a team of Leads (or IT System Support Managers) in the Assessment Production Team, monitoring delivery and managing risks and issues as required. You will lead on different aspects of the work at a strategic level and manage a team. You will work closely together with your job share and the wider team of managers to deliver high quality outcomes.What's in it for you?
What do you need to succeed?
- Private Medical Insurance and a Health Care Cash Reward Plan
- Generous holiday entitlement with extra closure days between around Christmas
- A great pension which could see a combined contribution of 18.5%
- Smart hybrid working - a mix of home and office working as business dictates
- Newly refurbished, modern office spaces
- the 'feel good factor' - working for a not for profit company where your work directly makes a difference in people's lives
- The ability to be collaborative, innovative, empowered, positive and ambitious.
- A broad understanding of the world of education and the business context within with AQA work
- The ability to plan and deliver when challenged with conflicting priorities and deadline
- Expertise in leading and managing teams proactively driving improvements in performance
- The ability to manage and synthesise data and information and to set challenging target and support your team to meet them
- Experience of managing an end-to-end process and monitoring progress against plans
- Experience of effectively planning and delivering against that plan to the required time and quality.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders
Upload your most recent CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience for the job.
In your application, please also confirm that you are content to be considered for a part time position.
Interviews are planned for the weeks beginning 12 and 19 February 2024.
All applications will be responded to.