Do you want to develop your career in an established accountancy and advisory practice with a reputation for fresh thinking and flexibility? We are looking for a highly motivated individual will have responsibility for a full portfolio of SME general practice clients and will take full responsibility for the clients outsourcing requirements. They will be commercial and proactive in fee development and regularly attend networking and BD events/functions. Benefits include
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Benefits and wellness platform
- Generous recruitment referral scheme
- Social committee organising numerous subsidised events
- Hybrid working for most roles
- Kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and breakfast items plus hot and cold drinks
- Annual flu vaccination
Our client is looking for a full time Outsourcing manager to join their team due to continued growth in the last 2 years.
The successful candidate will be a positive, organised and details-oriented person who manages their time effectively and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong IT skills are required; however, all in-house systems training will be provided.
Our client provides accounting services to a range of SMEs and includes manufacturers, professional service firms, IT developers, property developers, hospitality businesses and not for profit entities. You will be in direct contact with clients face-to-face, over the phone/video meetings and by email, and so excellent written and verbal communication skills are essentialIndividual
- Effectively control own portfolio including everything from staff planning, management of WIP and billing
- Build and further develop client relationships with existing and new clients
- Display a strong commercial awareness in fee development
- Present for review, complete files working papers and checklists
- Display pro-active awareness of current relevant legislation, compliance standards
- Raise high quality business correspondence
- Act as the main point of contact for queries from clients within portfolio
- Quote and estimate fees within your level of authority
- Meet with clients to pitch and tender for new work and put together associated documents
- Sound awareness of cloud-based accounting techniques and systems
Skills and experience required
- Effectively delegate work to, and mentor, the team
- Provide feedback to junior and senior team members of quality of work/performance
- Manage the team including monitoring work in progress and work standards.
Working with us
- Relevant professional qualification: AAT, ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Experience of working within an accountancy practice
- Confident and articulate; an effective communicator at all levels written and verbal
- Well-presented and professional
- Patience in training colleagues
- Strong VAT knowledge
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Previous people management experience
- Commercial and proactive approach to client development
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office. Able to adapt to and learn new systems quickly. (We use Caseware, Alphatax, Xero, among others)
Our client takes a refreshingly modern approach to accountancy. They work closely and proactively with clients to help them remain compliant, manage their finances and achieve their ambitions. The team pride themselves on being approachable and offering down to earth advice.
Working from a contemporary office in the heart of St Albans, Hertfordshire, you will be welcomed into their ever-growing team. Regardless of your role you can expect to be fully supported in developing your career. They operate a hybrid working pattern with the opportunity to combine office and client working with some home working.
Helping to strike an all-important work-life balance their social committee also regularly organise evenings and outings, creating a fun and inclusive place to work.