Following years of accelerated growth Culina Group is now a £2.2billion+ turnover business, employing over 22,000 staff, with a fleet of more than 5,000 vehicles. Culina Group operates from over 100+ depots across the UK and Ireland, serving more than 1,000 clients over its framework of chilled, ambient, contract packaging solutions and fresh and baked goods.Company Overview Stobart
(Part of the Culina Group) is a leading ambient transport and logistics business, providing services to many of the UKs best known brands across core consumer and retail sectors.
At Culina we have a winning culture, we believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive A place where you're valued, challenged, and inspired!Job DescriptionJob Description
Due to continued growth, we are now seeking a Finance Analyst
to join our Finance team at our Appleton Thorn
As Finance Analyst you will support the sub-contracting team and produce a set of Management Accountants for the Business Unit on a weekly and monthly basis. Closely aligning the requirements of the Business Unit Management Team ensuring that reporting deadlines are adhered to.
This is a full time, permanent position Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
, offering a competitive salary, package and the opportunity to work with a forward thinking market leader.Job responsibilities of Finance Analyst include:
- Preparation of accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly reporting.
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the Operational Finance team. Producing a variety of Revenue and cost reports that are used across the company to analyse sub contractor spend.
- Analysing the data to understand variances and work with the various operational managers to identify risks & opportunities to improve financial results.
- Producing accurate and detailed weekly finance reports and set of accounts.
- Use a detailed set of KPIs as business performance driver to improve the performance of the business. Reporting on revenue and cost trends and variances to support operations.
- Liaising with the Sub contract manager to ensure all Revenue and Cost are accounted for correctly in the week.
- Use the weekly accounts to produce monthly management accounts, through appropriate Accrual and Prepayments.
- To liaise with other departments as required ensuring the reporting deadlines of the organisation are met.
- Work alongside Managers within the Business Unit to produce various reforecast and budgets throughout the year. Presenting these budgets to Directors and Senior Management within both businesses.
- Ensure financial controls are in place to make sure interim and year-end financial accounts are accurate, working with external auditors in a professional manner when required.
- Continuous review of processes as intended to enhance in terms of accuracy and timeliness.
- To provide support in a number of general, non-specific areas to maintain the success of the business and on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- To provide holiday cover for various Business Units.
To apply for the role of Finance Analyst
you will possess the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- Studying towards AAT/CIMA
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with Strong Excel skills.
- Practical experience of financial analysis and reporting.
- Operational accounting experience.
- Experience of working within the Logistics industry.
As part of our drive to make Stobart
a great place to work. We are proud to be an inclusive and diverse organisation where we are committed to employee development and recognising success for hard working performers.
Our dedicated learning and development programmes are open to every employee to give you the opportunity to shape your own future within logistics and continue to work in an environment where team culture thrives.
Our People are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits which include:
- Annual Leave
- Private Medical Cover This gives you peace of mind, you have choice, flexibility and speed of access to the most clinically appropriate care via Bupa
- Pension scheme we want colleagues to enjoy a comfortable retirements so we offer agreat contribution
- Life Assurance - x 2 your annual salary
- Wellness Via our Employee Assistance Programmewe offer immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service that operates 24 hours a days, 365 days a year
- Eye Care Vouchers We can provide you with substantial savings with free eye tests and discounts on prescription glasses
- Reward & Recognition We recognise that employees have gone the extra mile via Employee of the month and year, special recognition and long service awards.
If you meet the requirements for the above role and are looking for your next career opportunity please apply now and become a part of our #WinningTeam!