Join the Samworth Brothers Team and become part of our dynamic family!
At Samworth Brothers, we genuinely care about our colleagues and strive to create an engaging environment that values your unique contributions. We are committed to your success and offer a range of exceptional benefits that we believe supports your life and personal aspirations: -
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Private health scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Experience annual pay reviews
- Profit related pay
- Unlock your potential through training and growth opportunities
We have a need for a qualified and experienced Finance Manager to join Samworth Brothers Melton Foods. The role reports directly into the Head of Operational Finance FTG and will sit on the SLT led by the Site Director. The Finance Manager will oversee a finance team of 8 and deliver strong financial disciplines, Commercial/Operational challenge and high-quality reporting to both the business and the Samworth Brothers Group.
The Ideal Candidate
- Own, through the team, all aspects of site Financial reporting (Annual, Monthly, Weekly or Daily) to internal and external stakeholders at the required standard and quality. Further developing lean accounting to ensure right data; right time right value
- Compile, challenge and reconcile Budgeting, Forecasting and 5-year plan processes
- Drive an improvement culture, measuring/monitoring and advising on major site initiatives
- Support and challenge Overhead and Labour control through a defined monthly process
- Deliver strong control over Capital including forecast accuracy and capital reviews (pre and post)
- Accurately control and forecast cash and working capital
- Challenge and support the Commercial teams to deliver accurate forecasts and enhance profitability through promotional activity
- Challenge and support the costing process including standards review
- Oversee the inflation / deflation pass-through
- Deputise for Site Director where appropriate
We believe that success is built upon collaboration and diverse perspectives. At Samworth Brothers, we welcome candidates who are passionate about working together to achieve greatness. As a valued member of our team, you will bring the following skills and experience: -
- Experience as a qualified accountant
- Experience in managing teams
- A background in a manufacturing and/or FMCG business
- The ability to demonstrate expertise in all aspects of manufacturing and commercial finance, including management of product mix and complexity, management of margins in volatile commodity markets (including the use of inflation/deflation flow through cost models with the retailers) and rigorous cost management
- Experience of and be the catalyst for the delivery of business improvement projects
We also want you to thrive in an engaging and inclusive work culture where you will have the opportunity to take on personal accountability and take pride in your work. We encourage positive communication, and the building of strong collaborative relationships is essential to every role.
Join us at Samworth Brothers, where you'll be more than just a team member you'll be an integral part of our thriving family.Apply today and embark on an exciting journey with us!
We are a fourth-generation family business producing high quality own-label products for many of the UKs best-known retailers along with our own brands including Ginsters, Soreen, Higgidy, Dickinson & Morris and Walker & Son. We employ over 10,000 people in well-invested modern food manufacturing sites around the country.
At Samworth Brothers we take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers. Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.