German Credit Controller
£Negotiable per annum (+ 10% Company performance related Bonus)Type: Permanent
Shift pattern: Two shift patterns covering 8am to 5pm (37.5 hours a week)
Monday, Thursday, and Friday - Office Working
Tuesdays and Wednesdays - Remote (the office is open for those that prefer to be in 5 days a week) Client Profile:
Origin Multilingual is proud to announce we are Recruiting a German Credit Controller
to join Our Global Client who is in the Sports equipment manufacturing Industry, based in Basingstoke.Job Summary:
The German Credit Controller job is to maximize cash collections and mitigate possible bad debt losses from up to 500 accounts split geographically. Working closely with the RBU and Sales functions to ensure all customer accounts are managed cross-functionally, overdue debt is kept to a minimum and bad debt write-offs are prevented where possible. This role is supporting the German market so fluent German is essential.Key
- Ensure customers settle outstanding accounts to agreed terms to maximize cash flow.
- Aged debt analysis - Proactively analyse aged debt to identify areas of risk, and payment performance trends and to report on cashflow forecasting.
- Manage customer queries closely with the RBU/SSE and Sales functions. Providing information required to achieve a quick resolution. Oversee end to end process. Record and track supporting data on Credit Platform.
- Carefully manage non-payment issues, communicating cross-functionally. Take ownership of collective actions required.
- Issue monthly statements to customers.
- Manage 'Dunning process' to ensure reminder letters through to final notice letters are issued in a timely manner.
- Communication with Area Sales Managers to detail account issues or impending debt collection/ legal action
- Refer accounts to Collection agents for debt collection, legal action and handle all related correspondence and queries.
- Carry out risk assessment and credit limit setting to ensure all new customer accounts are created accurately and responsibly.
- Regular review of credit limits for existing customers using online credit references and trading history, suggesting appropriate credit limit to be applied to the account.
- Send Direct Debit letters and address all related queries. Assist the Cash Apps Team with processing Direct Debit collections at the earliest date in line with agreed trading terms.
- Manage held order process ensuring daily communication to ASMs and RBU to confirm orders held/released.
- Provide regular detailed and informative credit management reporting to ECM and general business on a monthly basis - also provide updates to ECM as and when required to support ongoing initiatives.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and propose solutions/take responsibility for improvement implementation.
- Support/lead credit management projects.
To excel in this position, the individual should:
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Fluent in German
- Track record of success and prior experience of working in a Credit Control role
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Problem solving and improvement planning
- Excellent negotiation and judgement
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Collaborative team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Experience of the entire Order to Cash Cycle
- Knowledge of Oracle advantageous
- Normal office conditions with extensive computer and phone usage
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
Interested? If so, please send your full CV by clicking "apply" below, or alternatively, you can contact Marcus at Origin Multilingual on +44 (0)20 3762 2899 or email direct